• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've just noticed that since browsing CUK this morning I've got a very swollen nob and itchy bollox?!?

Admins should do more to protect us vulnerable users.
    try shaving closely then using the 'DeepHeat' anti trojan cream
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I've just noticed that since browsing CUK this morning I've got a very swollen nob and itchy bollox?!?
      You have been getting too familiar with atw. Drink lots of green tea and the symptoms will soon pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Inside job? Doesn't one of the posters on here help admin with a bit of freelance work on the website?!
        Yeah, but he's too dumb to pull something like this off

Comment

I'm clean!

Comment

Oooh, I feel all dirty now, think it's time for my daily spanking.

ESET NOD32 never picked anything up but then I access CUK posts using RSS rather than navigating the CUK site. Not sure if that makes a difference...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Don't appear to have any viruses - ClamXav shows nothing. I'm using FF9 with adblock and noscript, would that have blocked it?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Yeah, but he's too dumb to pull something like this off
                Don't put yourself down. That is our job.

Comment

Interesting article:
                  "Cyber criminals have opened an online store offering website operators increased traffic by hijacking other websites.
                  "The Russia-based web shop injects hidden iframes into pages of legitimate, unsuspecting websites to redirect visitors to a buyer's URL."

Comment

Did this same thing not happen a year or so ago ?

Virus being injected via Java runtime bug using a IFrame embedded in the Ad server ?

I dont think a forum post was used for this but the buggy ad server.

This being a IT forum i thought it would be prevented from happening again.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Did this same thing not happen a year or so ago ?

Virus being injected via Java runtime bug using a IFrame embedded in the Ad server ?

I dont think a forum post was used for this but the buggy ad server.

This being a IT forum i thought it would be prevented from happening again.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-day_attack

Comment

Working...
                      X