• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgent 13 developers required, do such projects work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    SO basically I got this hilarious email from an agent today, seeking 13 (thirteen!) developers, with very concrete pay grades, so a project that's about to eat 13 x 50k = 650k in salaries per annum alone, add an office in central London to house said devs plus the inevitable middle management and we're looking at burning millions of pounds and I just can't see how it's going to the most efficient way to spend/invest that kind of money.
    Or am I wrong and this will attract the top talent and the group of 13 will produce software that will earn those millions back in no time at all?
    Are you worried about the fact that:

- They are all being recruited very quickly (lack of planning by project mgmt)
    - They won't have any time to form a team (leading to poor performance)
    - They will all be contractors (although not implicit, this is implied in the above?)
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post

- They will all be contractors (although not implicit, this is implied in the above?)
      Its a massive reference grabbing exercise
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You buggers are a lost cause

+50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

God I had good hair back then.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It was so smooth you land an aircraft on it
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

20 years ago I earned maybe $100 per month if that.
              Yes, you and DP have both suffered since then.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yes, you and DP have both suffered since then.
                Au contraire - we both made others suffer

Comment

I'd be more concerned regarding the quality of contractor you could get for £50k a year.

Suity and his friends?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I had hair back then.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I'd be more concerned regarding the quality of contractor you could get for £50k a year.

Suity and his friends?
                      The use of "pay grades" and "salary" still make me wonder if it IS for contractors.
                      We're talking around the £200-250/day mark if it is, which in central London is farcical. Unless they want a team of PHP/VB developers.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X