• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving mid contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Some asserts are less liquid than others, I prefer to keep the liquid cash flow coming in by working otherwise I would be forced to liquidise aforementioned assets. i.e. if I just walked and then found the market dead and was benched for 12 months, would force me to sell some gold bars
    I think you probably mean liquidate? Unless you're getting the blender out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      Oh come on, if that were a sackable offence we'd all be on the streets.
      You are aware there is an app for that.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh come on, if that were a sackable offence we'd all be on the streets.
        Do contractors get sacked? Sounds like disguised permie talk to me....
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          You are aware there is an app for that.
          Jobserve, getting sacked or living on the streets? Actually - probably "all of the above" but it relies on you having a smartphone.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Do contractors get sacked? Sounds like disguised permie talk to me....
            I wrote that in reply to the previous post:

Just don't get sacked for using jobserve in the middle of the office.
            As a contractor I conform to a site's existing standards and usages
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Currently working with colleagues to guess what changes the "manager" made to the SQL before leaving on holiday.

We've found one case where he "cleaned" it up without real need, and now it fails; and another where there were defect tickets and he fixed them but left the tickets open and told no-one. It proved impossible to replicate the fault and we finally found out why, it wasn't dumb users this time.

This is the "manager" who kept hassling me to work over Christmas and New Year. I notice he isn't contactable while on holiday.

And hassled me at weekends twice since then. Got me to put in a change to Prod on Friday afternoon, then panicked when it didn't work and asked me to fix it, while I was on the way to the airport. Then did exactly the same again the next weekend, aited till Friday afternoon.

That's why I'm getting into these threads about leaving mid contract, can you blame me?
              And I'm thinking of a separate moby for work, that goes off when I do. Mind you, I left my phones off one morning at the end of December when I was on holiday and "not available", and he just got more and more strident in the messages, emails, and texts, up to telling me that it was unacceptable that I didn't reply all morning. That was when he wrote himself out of my good books.

(Aaaaand breathe)

Comment

Just talked to agency. They admitted that the FIVE previous contractors all quit, one after the other, over 6 months.

So it isn't just me.

Comment

Just talked to agency. They admitted that the FIVE previous contractors all quit, one after the other, over 6 months.

So it isn't just me.
                  Sounds like time for a rate renegotiation
                  Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                  X