• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Programmer Sentenced To Death In Iran

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 8 June 2022, 17:28.

Comment

Someone who can put up a website is not a programmer.

According to Wikipedia, the first official use of Great Britain was 1474, roughly 500 years before we abolished the death penalty. So I'm not sure the two things are connected.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's relevant because normally once someone is out of jurisdiction of a particular place (ie visiting other country) then things done there normally only covered by local laws.
        Tricky with the web though. If he put the site up while not in Iran and then returned home, the site still exists so isn't he still committing a crime (if any of it were true)?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Proof that civilisation ends at Dover.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            It’s another one of those confessions on TV. Whenever I see those type of confessions I immediately believe they are forced and invalid. There should be some sort of international convention banning public confessions on TV.

I don’t know what constitutes uploading p0rn in Iran but it has nothing on some Mullahs who were arrested for running brothels. They get-around is to bless couples with a temporary marriage lasting two hours.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Aye Paddy

They get-around is to bless couples with a temporary marriage lasting two hours.

I heard the above myself and apparently there is indeed a temp marriage license - I guess it costs a few bob too !!!

Anyway the above is no surprise as the Koran itself highlights that all man created institutions and Nation States are corrupt - becaise they are not directly from the Devine - and you can find this notion in all the Abrahamic scriptures the Bible and Torah.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Someone who can put up a website is not a programmer.

According to Wikipedia, the first official use of Great Britain was 1474, roughly 500 years before we abolished the death penalty. So I'm not sure the two things are connected.
                To clarify - its just one of the many Great things Britain accomplished through the ages - I mean what have the Brits ever done for us ?

Does haughty Gaul invasion threat?
                Then let the louns beware, Sir;
                There's wooden walls upon our seas
                And volunteers on shore, Sir:
                The Nith shall run to Corsincon,
                And Criffel sink in Solway,

Ere we permit a Foreign Foe
                On British ground to rally!

We'll ne'er permit a Foreign Foe
                On British ground to rally!

ROBERT BURNS 1795 Does Haughty Gaul Invasion Threat?
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 January 2012, 22:30.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Since when has the totalitarian corrupt regime been ever described (except by itself, possibly) as Fair-Minded peace lovers?

By confirming Saeed Malekpour’s death sentence after an unfair trial, the Iranian authorities are sending a message to Iranians not to freely express their views, or even to help others to do so, including on the Internet,
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
                    Damn right!

Fly the Union Jack high! We are the best country in the world!!!!

Comment

Just another reason why Iran, the way it is now, won't be missed much once this problem gets dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                      X