• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurozone debt crisis soon to be over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Scotland?
    Maybe it was Hungary. I'm losing track of all the countries going belly-up.

Comment

Watching you cretins discuss economics must be akin to an anthropologist watching some long-hidden Amazonian tribe as they discuss advanced technology for the first time.

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The only way this is going to end is with countries dropping out of the Euro. Printing money will delay the inevitable by a few years.

Comment

...the Euro rises again against the pound and Italian yields continue to drop. If Greece actually agree the haircut with creditors and with the pound zone increasingly looking like it won't hold together, one can't help feeling that the pound may continue to sink against the Euro.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            ...the Euro rises again against the pound and Italian yields continue to drop. If Greece actually agree the haircut with creditors and with the pound zone increasingly looking like it won't hold together, one can't help feeling that the pound may continue to sink against the Euro.
            Ok who's on cretin watch today? I'm busy.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

When the Scots get booted out of the union (why should they get the choice if to stay or go?) they will join the Euro. At least then Greece will no longer be the weakest member. And sterling will be boomed.

The market has already factored in a 60% haircut. But realistically 90% or more is needed. And then the fun will start.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Sorry I'm watching Greece leave the euro. Well keeping a track on the today's meeting outcome which will be Greece defaulting.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Just to add some more detail. One of the problems is that the UK is dependent on financial services, and the City is shrinking fast.

The City is the fastest shrinking financial centre
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Asia will save us - eGov monitor - A Policy Dialogue Platform | Promoting Better Governance . Alot of Chinese speak English - about time that Europe adopted a common language.

Comment

Just to add some more detail. One of the problems is that the UK is dependent on financial services, and the City is shrinking fast.

The City is the fastest shrinking financial centre
                      London is shrinking because its got things that may need to shrink a bit.

If your financial centre consisted of 1 man and a dog and you get rid of the man the financial centre has shrunk by 1 (but also be 50%).

If your financial centre employs 1 million and 50,000 go then you you've lost 50,000 people which is a lot. It is however only 5% of all people employed in that sector.

So the article is technically right but as with everything you write its also totally wrong.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X