• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Gave it my best shot and definitely feel more comfortable for today's interview. Always get nervous for interviews, even if I'm not bothered about the job, which I find odd, really. Anyway will hear back from them later today. Initial feedback was positive, and the role sounds 100s of times better than it did on paper/via the agent.

Wear the shortest skirt you can manage and do a Basic Instinct, always works.

---FA in best interviewing techniques mode.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Wear the shortest skirt you can manage and do a Basic Instinct, always works.

---FA in best interviewing techniques mode.
      That explains how suity and Russell continue to get contracts..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Gave it my best shot and definitely feel more comfortable for today's interview. Always get nervous for interviews, even if I'm not bothered about the job, which I find odd, really. Anyway will hear back from them later today. Initial feedback was positive, and the role sounds 100s of times better than it did on paper/via the agent.
        Do let us know
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Had a taste of the old days yesterday. Contract job sourced through a contact, met the prog manager, 20 minute chat, offered it me there and then, start monday after pleasant 6 weeks on the bench 'let's play darts', good luck all !

Comment

No matter how ill-fitted you are for a role, you can always pick things up at an interview.
            The last one I went to, I got two pens, a coaster and a stapler

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Hmmm. Would be a bit concerned as to why other contractors bail after 3 months.

Could it be that they are one of those clients that expect 12 hour days to get their moneys worth out of their professional working day? Rate might not look so good then.

Saying that, Id go to the interview anyway and see what happens. Even if you end up taking the gig, you can always not renew like everyone else. (or if it is 12 hour expected, work 8 and see if they terminate).
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I was offered both contracts today.

Yesterday's interview seems like a manageable level of the usual sort of faff, despite the rumours, and a much more dynamic gig with better experience. I asked them about their reputation and they gave me logical answers that explain how contractors with a certain mindset would have bailed. The interviewers today seem to have lost the will to live, inside a big bureaucracy and have no appetite to do anything other than keep their pension ticking over.

No contest.

There's a spare seat on the bench now.

Comment

Comment

Yesterday's interview seems like a manageable level of the usual sort of faff, despite the rumours, and a much more dynamic gig with better experience. I asked them about their reputation and they gave me logical answers that explain how contractors with a certain mindset would have bailed. The interviewers today seem to have lost the will to live, inside a big bureaucracy and have no appetite to do anything other than keep their pension ticking over.

No contest.

So the general consensus of General was correct? That's quite worrying.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

No contest.

Out of interest what did they mean by 'contractors with a certain mindset'?
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X