• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Flag once we get shot of Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Does Wales have any kind of industry to rival Scotland's booze and beef, or is it just a mish-mash of random stuff?

Maybe N.I. could join with Eire if they leave us? That would be great fun.
    Not to my knowledge, in my view people are all to concerned with what they're due rather than getting out there and making opportunities for themselves. The cities are ok it's just deep in the valleys where they are so insular about it all
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      You're not naive enough to believe Wales will ever be able able to stand on it's own two feet are you?

The valleys has some of the worst of the worst when it comes to the labour benefit culture
      I wasn't actually meaning Wales as their flag is not a part of the Union Flag.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Oops I took it in the context of countries
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          We have a winner. Award for correctly naming our national flag goes to Wobbegong.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            According to our current Glorious Leader, we Welsh still want to remain part of the union.
            <cue Strawbs "You can't touch me etc.">
            Bob Crow and the RMT?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Not any more.

The sun has set on what few sunrise industries we ever had.
              Don't we have a large number of Public sector workers in Wales? something 30% odd or the total employed figure
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Public sector workers
                Oxymoron.

Comment

I think it's even higher than that.

Salaries are 18% higher in the Public Sector, mostly because there's very little private sector left.
                  Sounds about right and they've the cheek to think of striking again, Civil Serpents can't believe I actually used to be one
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

There must be something of the "evolution in action" thingie about some of this.

In the old days, most reasonably intelligent parents didn't want their boys to work down the pits like dad did, they wanted them to become teachers, or whatever.

So, with that selection pressure...
                    ...they went on to become Equal Opportunities Inspectors and LGBT Outreach Workers.

Funny though, I always thought 'Inreach' Worker would be a better career for a lesbian.

Comment

I've always been motivated by ££££'s
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X