• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More bloody patronising adverts !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More bloody patronising adverts !!

Anyone noticed the increased incidence of adverts with pseudo dim, simple people extolling the virtues of a product to appeal to the general public. I am thinking of.....

Kwikfit.....Mrs Simple and more recently Mr Simple talk about how great these people are despite being a bunch of overpriced crooks - hah !!

AA - Mr Simple explains how there is no need to look anywhere else for the best deal on insurance, even though their best deal was a third more than my final choice - hah !!

Bristish Gas - more simple talk about how customers are returning to this overpriced utility - hah !!

I suppose the crazy frog brigade get exactly what they deserve - stupid easily led chavs.

Re: chavver

Oh dear - have we been taken in Dim but not out ?

Comment

My favourite dense ad is the AA Loans one, where a strange cut&shut job on the space-time continuum allows a couple (Bev and Kev or something) to repeatedly meet and envy their alternate selves who are deeper in debt but have a car that is a bit shinier.

Comment

AA loans? I thought it was a Volvo advert.

I hate "make me happy". I really do.

Comment

I think the girl who fronts the "people who like to say yes" (to charging you 19.9% APR for an old, over-priced banger) is quite cute, although a bit nasal sounding.

Other than that, surely the Ocean Finance collection of typical customers, some of whom are clearly aliens from another dimension, is the epitome of such adverts?

Comment

My favourite must be the Clover ad where a politically correct cast for the advert get all emotional over the way the butter is churned.

It must be a p!sstake. They cannot be serious

:x

Comment

Yeah but compared to German TV adverts, British ones are high art

Comment

Other than that, surely the Ocean Finance collection of typical customers, some of whom are clearly aliens from another dimension, is the epitome of such adverts?
                I'm sure I saw Arthur Mullard in a dress on that one the other day!

Comment

Re: Ocean Finance

Someone once advised me never to purchase a financial product advertised on TV because:

1. TV advertising makes the management fees expensive

2. If the product was any good, it wouldn't need to be advertised on TV

3. Such products are for the lower classes

Comment

Re: Ocean Finance

I'm sure I saw Arthur Mullard in a dress on that one the other day!
                    I think they hatched him out of a pod on the morning of filming. 0]

Comment

Working...
                    X