• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working / living in Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ok, who the **** are you and what've you done with DodgyAgent?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I think most people who end up outsourced here can return home as and when they want.

Well at least the bobs at current clientco can. It doesn't seem to be an option for the poor sods in that article.
      We know its bad but then again, you have seen who wrote the article? Another reason to not trust the media 100%.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        We know its bad but then again, you have seen who wrote the article? Another reason to not trust the media 100%.
        I noticed that but there are enough bits in that article to ignore the fact the author turned out to be an idiot.

I can safely say its not a part of the world I'm rushing to go to mainly because I hate heat.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Both the wife and I are trying to dis it cause we're apprehensive about such places.
          Get a couple of more wifes whilst at Dubai, threaten to return back with one of them if your wife v1 does not appreciate you more.

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
            you usually have to pay for your property rent 1 years in advance in post dated cheques
            And if one of those cheques bounces...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              And so I feel sorry for his sprog.
              It's not his.

HTH

mailman

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Johann Hari is a bit of an idiot, but to be honest, he is a long way from being the only journalist who has made up stories, abused social media, wikipedia, amazon reviews etc. Plenty of them are at it, he just got caught.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  And if one of those cheques bounces...
                  Dont ever bounce a cheque!!

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
                    Dont ever bounce a cheque!!
                    I presume there are no recruitment agencies out there
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well at least Lord Haw Haw already had an alternative moniker: Comical Ali
                      I look forward to lots of threads about how Dubai is paradise on earth and how Mr. Ali is having the time of his life.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X