• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suarez...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he say 'negro' or 'negrito'?

Suarez is Uruguayan therefore speaks spanish with Latin american culture, as we all know.

'negrito' is a term of endearment - he, himself will have been called 'negrito' countless times. Bit like saying 'oi fatlad' or similar.

'negro' is 'black' in spanish - maybe he did say it maliciously but the word 'negro' doesn't carry the same weight as it does here obviously.

I think he is getting treated with a very heavy hand.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      To be called 'Caucasian' in russia, i.e. from Kavkas, is a supreme insult, hence the derogatory term 'Chornaya Zhopa' i.e. 'Black arse'....
      This is all jolly confusing
      wtf is Kavkas <checking google maps>
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        This is all jolly confusing
        wtf is Kavkas <checking google maps>
        Kavkas is Russian for 'Caucus' i.e. Georgia, Armenia etc...
        Last edited by stek; 6 January 2012, 15:20.

Comment

Just been discussing this on Facebook (yes I'm on a day off, week really) and two 'friends' who I know very well, face-to-face have vilified me for my opinion this, both are men of the cloth, and one has just called me a 'waanker'! Nice!

Actually I do fancy one - give me ten, no five minutes. Two then...
          Last edited by stek; 6 January 2012, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
            Did he say 'negro' or 'negrito'?

Suarez is Uruguayan therefore speaks spanish with Latin american culture, as we all know.

'negrito' is a term of endearment - he, himself will have been called 'negrito' countless times. Bit like saying 'oi fatlad' or similar.

'negro' is 'black' in spanish - maybe he did say it maliciously but the word 'negro' doesn't carry the same weight as it does here obviously.

I think he is getting treated with a very heavy hand.
            From what I've read the FA transcript said:

Evra: "Don't touch me South American"

Suarez: "Why, because you are black?" (in hispanic lingo)

Harsh indeed.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              From what I've read the FA transcript said:

Evra: "Don't touch me South American"

Suarez: "Why, because you are black?" (in hispanic lingo)

Harsh indeed.
              Evra probably actually said:

"Don't touch me Spico Daygo Wop"

But that's ok cos it's not racist....

Comment

Suarez got 1 game ban for what he said and 7 for his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Suarez got 1 game ban for what he said and 7 for his attitude.
                  In that case Rooney should get a 12 game auto-ban on top of whatever he's done this/next time...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    In that case Rooney should get a 12 game auto-ban on top of whatever he's done this/next time...
                    I don't remember seeing Rooney giving "inconsistent" testinomy meaning in plain language talking BS and clearly trying to get away with it. Suarez had chance to apologise very quickly and he still has not done so to Evra.

As for Rooney - he should be getting red cards for sure and lengthy bans for this tulipy attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      I don't remember seeing Rooney giving "inconsistent" testinomy meaning in plain language talking BS and clearly trying to get away with it. Suarez had chance to apologise very quickly and he still has not done so to Evra.

As for Rooney - he should be getting red cards for sure and lengthy bans for this tulipy attitude.
                      He has apologised - not to the weasel Evra but for his behaviour.

I doubt you have read about this situation as much as many football fans out there, so wind ya neck in

Comment

Working...
                      X