• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best approach to get prenuptial agreement signed before marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step 1; find a woman who wants to marry you.

Step 2; ask us again later.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think you should try to lose your virginity before worrying about pre-nups.
      Have you been pot-noodling to Russianbrides.com again?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can't you just download a pre-nup form from the website that sold you your wife?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think he's getting confused again.

By Prenup he means warranty agreement.

Just get yourself a puncture repair kit and don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
            I asked on the forums about these and I was informed that they were next to worthless in the eyes of UK law.

You can get married then divorce 3 months down the line and she is entitled to 50% of your wealth and 30-40% of your income for what may seem like forever.
            You need to married 12 months before you can divorce....

Comment

German politician Gabriele Pauli, is to require marriage partners to reevaluate their commitment after seven years. A 50-year-old twice-divorced member of the Christian Social Union (CSU), Germany's conservative party, Pauli recently suggested that both partners must actively choose the renewal of their marriage. After seven years, you either stay married or you split up.
              The Opt-out Marriage
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                You need to married 12 months before you can divorce....
                <pedant>

Unless the marriage was not consummated

</pedant>

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  ATW. When you went through the sign up process with the Find Me A Foreign Bride agency you needed to tick the Pre-nup box at the end, next to the 'no advertising' box.

Hth

MF
                  AtW
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

All seems very strange this pre-nup thing. Surely its not a great start to marriage if your thinking this way already?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      All seems very strange this pre-nup thing. Surely its not a great start to marriage if your thinking this way already?
                      I was thinking that too. Despite what Rod Stewart says, marriage should be for life.

Comment

Working...
                      X