• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... And now family are sitting stuffing their faces with box of after eights left over from Christmas. I've resisted. So far.

Comment

I started yesterday. I have cut up all carbs (so I just eat meat, veg, fruit, salad). No alcohol - but as I only had 2 small drinks from Feb 201 that is not much. I am going to try to exercise every day - hopefully I can cycle to and from work. 11 miles each way.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I started yesterday. I have cut up all carbs (so I just eat meat, veg, fruit, salad). No alcohol - but as I only had 2 small drinks from Feb 201 that is not much. I am going to try to exercise every day - hopefully I can cycle to and from work. 11 miles each way.
        Don't cut all carbs, just cut down.

As soon as you start back on the carbs when you've lost weight, you'll pile it back on.

If you stick to stuff like oats, rice and spuds you'll be fine. Ease off on bread and pasta.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Don't cut all carbs, just cut down.

As soon as you start back on the carbs when you've lost weight, you'll pile it back on.

If you stick to stuff like oats, rice and spuds you'll be fine. Ease off on bread and pasta.
          I did it last year and lost tons. My only issue is it provides Mrs BP with a cooking challenge.

Comment

I did it last year and lost tons. My only issue is it provides Mrs BP with a cooking challenge.
            I cut back but not intentionally but only because the clientco canteen has to offer are sandwiches, things to make sandwiches with and suspicious deep fried cloggy stuff.

The only edible thing is their fish salad and fruit salad.

Since cutting back on bread and pasta, I've found out that it doesn't really agree with me and probably never has, so not a bad thing really.

Also here, there is such a bad selection in the supermarket, you have to go out and get decent food from Delis, grocers and butchers, so you start to think more about what you are cooking and how you cook it.

I blame waitrose and all their lovely pies Also the nice places to eat at lunchtime in London and the CUK weekly drinks didn't help either

In the last 3 months I've managed to shift about 9 kilos and that is without exercising, just cutting back on portion sizes and trying to eat sensibly.

Next thing is to find some local sports to get involved in.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              nothing beats the feeling of achievement when you get up at 6am in the pissing rain to go and get your exercise
              I find anything that deliberately masochistic lasts about a week

Don't fruit contain a lot of carbs? Or do you mean complex carbs rather than sugar?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe taking things a bit far but this is worth a read Mark's Daily Apple. I know (of) a lot of elite triathletes that swear by these rules.

Here's a quick low-down for those that don't want to trawl through the site The Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge | Mark's Daily Apple
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

We've got a baby, no time to eat!

Comment

I was ill over most of Christmas so I came out of the other side weighing less than at the start of the festive period
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      We've got a baby, no time to eat!
                      Eh? Did I miss something?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X