• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Armed Dog Mess Mugger is Jailed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A knife-wielding mugger who robbed a woman of her bags before discovering they were full of dog mess has been jailed for four years.
    David Carlisle, 32, forced 52-year-old Marion Budd to hand over the bags at knifepoint last July as she walked her dog in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol.

When he realised what he had taken, Carlisle, a drug addict and father-of -four, fled the scene empty-handed.

The bungling would-be thief was jailed after admitting attempted robbery.

DNA evidence

His four-year sentence will run concurrently with the seven-year term he is already serving for multiple burglaries.

Bristol Magistrates heard Carlisle, of no fixed address, jumped out of a car and thrust the knife at Ms Budd, and ordered her to hand over her bags.

But he dropped the carrriers and ran off after she told him that the contents were less lucrative than he might have hoped.

Carlisle was tracked down after his DNA was found on the car used in the attempted robbery, and was later identified by the dog walker in a video ID parade.

Recorder John Trevaskis told him it was "testament to his incompetence" that he had attempted to steal a bag of dog excrement.

-----------------
    Personally, I wouldn't have told him what was in them
    Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

He wasn't fined for littering,

I'm disgusted!
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

How queer

Exactly the same thing happened to Linda Robson (real name That Blonde One Off Of Birds Of A Feather) a couple of years ago.

Comment

Those council dog mess boxes are red in Derby. I posted my PAYE returns and a letter to my sister in one last year by mistake.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Country Bumpkins

Thought thoes country bumpkins down in Bristol carried bags of cow manure around town , how things have changed

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            Those council dog mess boxes are red in Derby. I posted my PAYE returns and a letter to my sister in one last year by mistake.
            Were they delivered?

Comment

As far as the PAYE returns are concerned I certainly hoped so.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X