• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I propose a new goal for the western world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    F_uck your pathetic obsessive pursuit of material wealth, with all the destruction, injustice and pain it brings.

Instead....

why not make it your goal to end suffering..............................
    I'm all for you ending your suffering, try this or

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
      Wot? I hope you're not implying that I'm rich. I'm a 30 grand-per-year permie, and I don't even own a house.
      and here we have found the root of your problem.
      isn't there a permiewhiners.co.uk website?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Not so sure about the 2nd. Great ideal but how do you do it? Foreign Aid? Studies show that even in well governed poor countries 1% of GDP as aid grows the GDP by only 0.5% and in poorly governed countries the GDP does not rise at all. What gets to the people who need it just increases population, creating an even bigger problem for the future. Some reckon most foreign aid is counter productive as governments slew their policies to get more aid rather than tackle the real problems. Rather like welfare here, it can be very destructive of incentive.
        Spend all the aid on employing UK people to go and work in the country building stuff and providing training, etc.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Reminds me of when a Brazilian newspaper asked ambassadors what the wanted for Christmas.

French - an end to world hunger
          German - world peace
          British - a box of crystallized fruits

I hope the lesson in irony was learned.

Comment

Working...
          X