• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be Seeing You.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Seeing You.

Chris Eccleston linked to remake of The Prisoner

I have a bad feeling about this....
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Me too. Although the 17 original episodes culminated in two crap ones.

Comment

Well he certainly was loads better at playing Dr Who than the current one!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        Well he certainly was loads better at playing Dr Who than the current one!

Didnt stop the series he was in being complete pants though.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The reason that the original series of "The Prisoner" had rather eclectic episodes is because Patrick McGoohan and the script writers underestimated the show's popularity and towards the end of the filming were literally writing the scripts the week before the episode was due to be produced.

The Lotus 7 used in the series (KAR 120C) was in fact bought and sold on numerous occasions as the script writers thought that they wouldn't need it again and the later did.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            The reason that the original series of "The Prisoner" had rather eclectic episodes is because Patrick McGoohan and the script writers underestimated the show's popularity and towards the end of the filming were literally writing the scripts the week before the episode was due to be produced.

The Lotus 7 used in the series (KAR 120C) was in fact bought and sold on numerous occasions as the script writers thought that they wouldn't need it again and the later did.
            Is that right? I was under the impression that the series was pulled part way through. They had already filmed the final two episodes so they showed them. The important episodes which did all the explaining were never shot so it never made sense.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              Is that right? I was under the impression that the series was pulled part way through. They had already filmed the final two episodes so they showed them. The important episodes which did all the explaining were never shot so it never made sense.
              It was never meant to make sense... It was for people to use their imagination.

One of the major assumptions that people made was that the series was a follow on from "Danger Man". This was not the case.

Comment

Working...
              X