• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swansea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Expensive! Hurst Dene, Sketty Road, £35 a night for self catering, more often that not you got one of the apartments, living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Tidy that is! (was)
    With a free Higgs Boson in the sock drawer?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Clark View Post
      If you ever need anywhere to stay: The Mirador Town House - Swansea Guesthouse Reviews and Photos, Swansea, United Kingdom - TripAdvisor

It made my time in Swansea bearable. £40 a night, best breakfast ever, great owners and great rooms.
      Best breakfast I had was in Maddisons especially the full Welsh with laverbread
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'd love to work in Swansea, I was hoping something may have come up there contract wise but sadly it didn't so I've had to travel to Trowbridge and there's nothing to do in the evenings here. Whereas in Swansea it's a great place to be
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          I'd love to work in Swansea, I was hoping something may have come up there contract wise but sadly it didn't so I've had to travel to Trowbridge and there's nothing to do in the evenings here. Whereas in Swansea it's a great place to be
          Greyo: Dylan Thomas called Swansea "an ugly, lovely town".
          Terry: I'd call it... a Pretty Sh1tty City.
          Greyo: Dylan Thomas didn't do as much fu<king cocaine as you, did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Greyo: Dylan Thomas called Swansea "an ugly, lovely town".
            Terry: I'd call it... a Pretty Sh1tty City.
            Greyo: Dylan Thomas didn't do as much fu<king cocaine as you, did he?
            Ahhhhh Twin Town I must say that's a classic film
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

As youths on a camping holiday we got lost on the way to Gower once, and pitched a tent in the dark up the mumbles. Next morning I staggered out of the tent p1ss-proud for a slash before I'd realised where we were.

It was all the cars, the old-fashioned looks from shoppers, and the Sainsbury's car park attendant telling us we couldn't camp there that gave it away.

I wonder if they've surfaced that car park yet?

Comment

The place where the biggest council estate has the best views of the bay - Town Hill

Comment

Originally posted by northernspy View Post
                  The place where the biggest council estate has the best views of the bay - Town Hill
                  Always makes me laugh that one, it's well rough in Town Hill
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Clark View Post
                    If you ever need anywhere to stay: The Mirador Town House - Swansea Guesthouse Reviews and Photos, Swansea, United Kingdom - TripAdvisor

It made my time in Swansea bearable. £40 a night, best breakfast ever, great owners and great rooms.
                    I#ve stayed there. Certainly a different sort of B&B. Really strange decorations in the room....

But well tidy breakfast. Basically, you have as much as you want.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

My tour of Wales took me to Haverford West today. With a return journey through Merthyr Tydfil. Tomorrow the delights of Tredegar and Pontypridd...
                      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Working...
                      X