• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So was the 2nd World War all for nothing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So you're having a go at me for having a life?
    You might have a wife but you don't have a life. (c) me

It's painfully clear to anybody who watches your posts more than few weeks that you are an old bitter man who's best days way behind and you know it.

Going back home all the time at 5:30pm or so clearly means you've got the job that you don't like. It probably pays well for an old man of your limited abilities, however obviously it's not something you enjoy doing.

Comment

**** me there are some dicks around...

Barroso has blown apart Dave's main justification that he was "defending the single market" by saying his six-point demand threatened it - and he, Barroso, tabled a compromise talking about protecting the single market and, specifically, financial services. The pent-up venom towards the UK is also now spewing out in the European Parliament - including from anglophiles.

What people don't seem to get is that Merkel also went out of her way to help Dave as she doesn't want Germany irrevocably tied to France and is closer on economic policy etc to the UK. But the demands he tabled at 3am on Friday last week, senior sources say, were for an effective veto on all single market legislation: "obviously, out of the question." What if Merkel had demanded special protection for the German car industry - VW (soon to be the world's biggest car-maker), Mercedes and BMW? Or Sarko for the French energy sector - EDF/GDF Suez/Areva? Cameron would have gone crazy...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

PM made choice in favour of politics rather than business.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Going back home all the time at 5:30pm or so clearly means you've got the job that you don't like. It probably pays well for an old man of your limited abilities, however obviously it's not something you enjoy doing.

You're just bitter because you're working your bollux off and have nothing to show it for it: no money, no life, no girlfriend, a rented bedsit in Brum. And to top it all you're thick.
          I genuinely feel sorry for you.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I genuinely feel sorry for you.
            There is no need to lie on here mate, we are all friends here!

btw got my rent extended by another 12 months, but this time next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
              Or England running Scotland. Quite.
              England does not run Scotland!!

The UK is governed by a parliament elected from all of the UK. UK legislation covers all of the UK except in certain circumstances where Scotland has ancient traditions and customs of its own. Considering the last 3 Prime Ministers have been of Scots decent I find it difficult to agree with your assertion.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                So show me an example where the running of another country's economy has worked for the benefit of the people of that country. Is it like the Chinese running Tibet? Or the Germans running Poland? Or Russia running Georgia? israel running Palestine?
                IRAQ of course is one such example
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

This is interesting. Moody's has identified s few countries who are especially vulnerable to Greek default.

The banking systems of Portugal, Spain, but also Ireland, the UK and Italy are increasingly moving into the focus of the markets. Although the challenges in these six countries are different, the potential for contagion from their sovereign [credit profile] as observed in Greece is also spreading to some other countries and to the extent this affects these countries it could dilute some of the inherent differences in the banking systems and impose a common threat," Moody's said. Moody's said the concerns over Greece could spread to Portugal – which is at the forefront of investor concerns – but also Spain, Italy, Ireland, Greece and the UK.
                  http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...=ILCNETTXT3487

So much for the UK being safe outside the Eurozone.

According to Moody's it's more vulnerable than most of the other countries in the Eurozone.

If Cameron plays the "destroy the Eurozone" game a bit too hard, the UK might just end up in a bigger pool of "poo" than most of the Eurozone.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 December 2011, 16:25.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    This is interesting. Moody's has identified s few countries who are especially vulnerable to Greek default.

So much for the UK being safe outside the Eurozone.

According to Moody's it's more vulnerable than most of the other countries in the Eurozone.

If Cameron plays the "destroy the Eurozone" game a bit too hard it just might shove the UK over the edge.
                    What exactly are you saying? You seem to simply cherry pick stories to underpin a position of dogma that you take on whatever bigotry prevails in your tiny mind. It is the same with global warming. if you read anyone in the press today for example even the europhiles admit things are not right- even on their side of the argument - and take into account prevailing dynamics. You seem to have an intractable binary view that you cannot argue through the use of logic.

No one is saying the UK is safe outside the Eurozone anyway so what is your point?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      What exactly are you saying? You seem to simply cherry pick stories to underpin a position of dogma that you take on whatever bigotry prevails in your tiny mind. It is the same with global warming. if you read anyone in the press today for example even the europhiles admit things are not right- even on their side of the argument - and take into account prevailing dynamics. You seem to have an intractable binary view that you cannot argue through the use of logic.

No one is saying the UK is safe outside the Eurozone anyway so what is your point?
                      Very eloquent if not a rather "emotionally" driven argument.

Does outline that the UK is enmeshed in Europe and just simply cutting itself would exacerbate problems. i.e. by not co-operating the Eurozone is more likely to fail, and yet there is no alternative vsion.

Where does Britain go if it leaves the EU?

Many in the UK and in Europe now see that as an inevitable consquence of Cameron's current course; unless he does a U-turn.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X