• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars - again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but that would make you like every other company car owner in the country. Quality != Mechanical Build Alone

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      if you have a crash in your car and its taken to the garage and your insurance company (or someone elses)are paying for the repair and they say to you we can either:

A) stick a second hand door from the scrap yard on it
      B) Stick a patent part on it from the local spares shop
      C) buy part of a door and weld it up
      D) stick a brand new genuine part designed for your car on it

which one are you going to choose, answers on a postcard to the usual address
      I wouldn't give a toss as long as I was happy with the fix.

In March this year the very same thing happened when some twunt hit me. New door skin (plus most of a new RHS to the vehicle). End result is pattern part and a flawless fit.

That's like saying I want a Ford Fuel filter as its OEM and the best. They're £36 each. I put Delphi ones in there at £10. They're the same filter. Don't fall for the OEM is always better malarky.

Comment

For reliability the Japanese are generally ahead.

Reliability survey 2011 - How reliable is your car? - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car?

Most (and least) reliable cars: 2010 | This is Money

What Car? Reliability Survey - The top 100 cars - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          The body on a 4 door is different to the 2 door in that they have pillars in the middle to give strength for a car with 2 doors, the doors are bigger and the strength has to be built into the body/ work roof structure especially a coupe, pushing the price up from the standard saloon car
          Not always - most two/three door cars aren't pillarless - and cheaper models are cheaper with fewer doors - it's only the likes of BMW who rub their hands with glee.

Comment

Working...
          X