• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars - again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
    Right, forgetting the other thread, does anyone have or have had a BMW 6 series coupe (2006 onwards) - Either Petrol or Diesel?

Are they any good?
    Dunno if they are any good to drive, but I couldn't spend cash on anythng so pig ugly unless it was very cheap and for a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      What piece of automotive garbage are you slumming it in then?
      Ford Focus with 200k on the clock. Then again I do a 1000 miles a week, I don't need a nice car.

Comment

Yep, someone's just touched on a gripe of mine; why do the two door versions of saloon cars cost about 10k eurothingies more than the saloon?

What's the point of spending a lot more to get a lot less?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Lunchtime drinkies?
          :-)

Fixed it now - attempting to type too quickly - sadly the days of the lunchtime pint (or two) are long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Company car tax and ze Germans sell them cheap to leasing companies. A BMW can hardly be described as "Quality".
            Before moving into IT i was in the motor trade and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that German cars are superior to all other cars in their price range, build quality is far better on VW Audi or BMW compared to other makes, just as an example if the outer door on your modeo was dented they can repair with a door skin (basically the outer door was welded back onto the inner door)however BMW thought that this would compromise the build quality, rust protection, safety of the car as they could not control how/who fitted a skin so for all BMWs you can only buy a complete door

Comment

Lunchtime drinkies?
              Either that or bad schooling - that damned Thatcher's stolen milk caused it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yep, someone's just touched on a gripe of mine; why do the two door versions of saloon cars cost about 10k eurothingies more than the saloon?
                Relatively low production run results in higher costs that can't be offer by reduction in materials.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

What's the point of spending a lot more to get a lot less?
                  The body on a 4 door is different to the 2 door in that they have pillars in the middle to give strength for a car with 2 doors, the doors are bigger and the strength has to be built into the body/ work roof structure especially a coupe, pushing the price up from the standard saloon car

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                    The body on a 4 door is different to the 2 door in that they have pillars in the middle to give strength for a car with 2 doors, the doors are bigger and the strength has to be built into the body/ work roof structure especially a coupe, pushing the price up from the standard saloon car
                    Also two doors needs to be crash tested separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                      Cool! I'll stick to saloons then.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X