• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I Hate about Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
    Every contract I have done, I always come across some little officious permie troll who does a small but critical role and who make your life hell over the smallest of requests. Drives me insane, especially as they are always people who have done the role for years, are very ‘comfortable’ in the role and always send emails that copy in every man and there dog when they send the latest put down.
    +1
    Highlight was getting a right slagging from officious PMO and tea fund bint - tea and coffee were free but for some reason milk and sugar weren't so she started a fund and demanded a monthly payment from me. Since I don't take milk or sugar I declined whereupon there was great tirade about rich contractor bastards....

Also had a run in recently with resident clientco git.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      +1
      Highlight was getting a right slagging from officious PMO and tea fund bint - tea and coffee were free but for some reason milk and sugar weren't so she started a fund and demanded a monthly payment from me. Since I don't take milk or sugar I declined whereupon there was great tirade about rich contractor bastards....
      you told her you don't need to be in the fund as u don't use milk and sugar, how exactly did that lead to a tirade about contractors??

Comment

+1
        I usually find that an email explaining my hot beverage requirements with an accompanying illustrative Venn diagram prevents such unpleasantness.

Alternatively, buy your own (UHT) milk and sugar. Label them with your Ltd's name and leave them prominently in the kitchen unopened.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Elaborate, maybe we can help.
          Basically Parasol have been taking more money than they should to cover their AWR costs so where as their margin is £120 they've been more than doubling it with their so called employment costs.

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Try this

Seems like 1 or 2 brollies are hiding away employement costs since new legislation has come in.
          Thanks I was a contributor to that thread, so basically I'm showing my displeasure at it all by walking away from parasol and joining ContractorUmbrella as they don't have any hidden costs and have a much better service.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Good for you. Maybe you can recommend a hotel and then not turn up to that as well.

But was the hotel at least good?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Basically Parasol have been taking more money than they should to cover their AWR costs so where as their margin is £120 they've been more than doubling it with their so called employment costs.

Thanks I was a contributor to that thread, so basically I'm showing my displeasure at it all by walking away from parasol and joining ContractorUmbrella as they don't have any hidden costs and have a much better service.
              Vote with your feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Vote with your feet.
                I sure am so if anyone else know's of anyone using them please direct them to the following threads:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...-required.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...eductions.html
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

+1
                  Simple. Provide your own coffee and tea as well.

As someone who has never taken sugar in coffee or tea, I hate paying for stuff I don't use too.

At one place, you had to buy tokens for the coffee/tea trolley. Since the milk and sugar was included in the price, you got them whether you wanted them or not. I ended up with a desk drawer full of sugar lumps, all unopened.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    Simple. Provide your own coffee and tea as well.

As someone who has never taken sugar in coffee or tea, I hate paying for stuff I don't use too.

At one place, you had to buy tokens for the coffee/tea trolley. Since the milk and sugar was included in the price, you got them whether you wanted them or not. I ended up with a desk drawer full of sugar lumps, all unopened.
                    It shows taking a financial risk, so helps your IR35 position.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X