• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurricane on the way for Southern England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Hurricane on the way for Southern England
    <pedant>It's not a hurricane</pedant>

Will we be getting northerly winds if that prediction is true? Far less problematic for the coast if so... Force-12 southerly winds, now that would make for some great footage in Cornwall.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      <pedant>It's not a hurricane</pedant>

Will we be getting northerly winds if that prediction is true? Far less problematic for the coast if so... Force-12 southerly winds, now that would make for some great footage in Cornwall.
      Quite. Hurricanes have a warm core. These have cold cores so cannot be called hurricanes. Perhaps there's a gap in the market? Possible plan B?

The wind is getting up in cornwall. 41mph gusts in Penzance. Watch out for flying clotted cream teas.
      Last edited by suityou01; 12 December 2011, 15:31. Reason: Lame speeeling
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        What will be the cost to the economy?

However much the Chancellor needs an excuse for when this month's figures come out

Comment

This is sustained gusts over a 1 minute period. This will pull down trees, rip off roofs, windows in high rise flats blown in, fences taken down, power cuts lasting up to a week, most caravans destroyed if in the dirct wind. To give you an idea, Hurricane Ivan was a category 3 Hurricane.
          How will Ecospaces be effected?
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
            How will Ecospaces be effected?
            Eco sheds will be the worst affected.

Comment

Where's Wxman? It would be nice to hear from someone who knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Where's Wxman? It would be nice to hear from someone who knows what he's talking about.
                Zactly

Comment

Quite. Hurricanes have a warm core. These have cold cores so cannot be called hurricanes. ..
                  So it'll be like one of those things in The Day After Tomorrow, when the helicopters drop out of the sky?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    So it'll be like one of those things in The Day After Tomorrow, when the helicopters drop out of the sky?

You still in the club room?

Comment

Bit blowy here in Luton. Just took the rubbish out and had to pop my hood on. Raining a wee bit too. :\

Comment

Working...
                      X