• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting dicked about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    That bit makes me laugh - you are aking a public forum for advise and what to do.
    You seem incapable of making your own decisions

Is this the gig you had got but was waiting for references to be taken ?
    Clearly they've taken them and made a decision.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Examples please?
      Search Results - Contractor UK Bulletin Board
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Marvellous. So as expected no actual content or general thrust for the accusation, as I suspected. If of course I was putting myself about as an Oracle expert then I would be bang to rights. As I am not, and am someone who worked on the Microsoft tools for 14 odd years, with the most recent years spent in business analysis and system design none of your comments actually hold any water at all.

The fact that I have been thrust in to help the Bobs with Oracle development, despite my protestations are largely beyond my control. I have asked specifically for Oracle skilled resource to be added to the project, and it will be. In the mean time I just make do with foogling, asking on here and doing my utmost to do what I can.

Not ideal, but then that's much cheapness plenty quickness.
        So you admit that knowing nothing about Oracle or SQL you went ahead and advised the bobs to use Cursors etc to do the job and then moaned and whinged when they queried this design ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          So you admit that knowing nothing about Oracle or SQL you went ahead and advised the bobs to use Cursors etc to do the job and then moaned and whinged when they queried this design ?
          You just don't / can't read can you? I worked on the Microsoft tools for 14 years, this includes SQL Server. Even if you pour scorn on cursors, as a competent Oracle guy you should know how to implement them and how to bash me over the head for attempting to use them and suggest an alternative.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            That bit makes me laugh - you are aking a public forum for advise and what to do.
            You seem incapable of making your own decisions

Is this the gig you had got but was waiting for references to be taken ?
            This I like.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You just don't / can't read can you? I worked on the Microsoft tools for 14 years, this includes SQL Server. Even if you pour scorn on cursors, as a competent Oracle guy you should know how to implement them and how to bash me over the head for attempting to use them and suggest an alternative.
              Most of us are careful enough not to do the following:-

1) Ask a technical question and then argue about the answers experts give you (while pretending to know what you are asking about).
              2) A week later ask a totally noddy question on the same technology and then confirm that you don't have an effing clue about what you are talking about with some crap excuse about not using it.

I'm sorry but I think everyone on here has the right to take the mickey out of your total incompetence from now until you flounce out the door.

And given the people who frequent this forum I can safely say that we will.

Comment

Suity,

you're a fecking star !!!

You're better than Wilmslow

How's the Dale Farm you built in the back garden ?

Happy Christmas

Milan.

Comment

this reminds me of my daughter's Winnie the Pooh film,

where Pooh says, 'I like piglet because he uses small words which I can understand'

well, applying a similar analogy,

I like Suity because he makes the rest of us look like professionals

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    this reminds me of my daughter's Winnie the Pooh film,

where Pooh says, 'I like piglet because he uses small words which I can understand'

well, applying a similar analogy,

I like Suity because he makes the rest of us look like professionals

Milan.
                    The problem is that he makes a 2 month old baby Bob look professional and that takes some real work.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      The problem is that he makes a 2 month old baby Bob look professional and that takes some real work.
                      Try a little bit harder eek and you'll get there. Just another month to shave off for you.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X