• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halt & Catch Fire season 3 now included with Amazon Prime Video. Commodore 64 era with chat rooms over dial up.

Also watching Mr Robot season 2.

Only weeks away from Westworld (2nd October) and season 7 of The Walking Dead (24th October).

The trailers for Westworld look like they've added more depth to the original movie premise by going down the sentient robot path, Humans style. Should be interesting, and given it's HBO, top notch quality.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Looking forward to both Westwood and Walking Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by The Only Way Is Keynsham View Post
        Yes I enjoyed that though I found the hysterical Winona Ryder character a bit much.

Ray Donovan's easily been the best thing this year. Season 4 finale on Sunday.
        Loved Stranger Things.

Gave up on RayD after S2, was getting a bit dull I thought. s3 and s4 good then?

Comment

Westworld first episode was decent enough though a slow burner, backed up by how much of the promo trailer ("no orientation, no guidebook", "are you real?", "if you can't tell does it matter?") wasn't even in the episode.

I feel same about season 2 of Mr Robot. Start was a bit slow and reading the synopsis of each episode I missed some things with the weekly wait between episodes, so will rewatch the lot back to back before season 3 next year.

Z Nation season 3 started apparently but only available in UK via dodgy outlets so not got round to trying to watch it yet. Not long to go now for The Walking Dead, though both shows have their own place so I enjoy both of them.

Just finished Wolf Creek. Started off decent enough with the main guy from the movies but lost its way a bit and too many horror cliches spoilt it.

Humans season 2 starts on 30th October on Channel 4. Black Mirror season 3 on Netflix 21st October. Supergirl season 2 (with Superman making a proper appearance) starts 24th October on Sky 1.

Then The Grand Tour 18th November and The Man In The High Castle season 2 on 16th December, both on Amazon Prime.

Those are just the ones on my list to watch out for in the coming weeks and months.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Manhattan on Prime - not bad complete tosh but certainly fun.

The Following Series 3

Lucifer series 2

Halt & Catch fire both the leading ladies Mich would!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just when you thought there was no more Jack Bauer, along comes Designated Survivor. I'm a huge 24 fan and this is brilliant.

Also watching Exorcist and Gotham Series 3, the latest series of Todd Margaret and from years ago the three part Paradise Lost trilogy which I recommend.

I've Luke Cage, Westworld and Lucifer queued to go.

Also if you like Mighty Boosh give this a go; Soul Mates. It's from Down Under but is actually very funny.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Halt & Catch fire both the leading ladies Mich would!
                Watching season 3 via Amazon Prime. Still prefer season 1. The brunette milf was awesome in that season, a real Peggy Carter type character. Something seems lacking overall in the current season. Only a couple of episodes left so will see it out but hope it ends strongly or they may call it a day before it gets into the 90s era.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Just when you thought there was no more Jack Bauer, along comes Designated Survivor. I'm a huge 24 fan and this is brilliant.
                  Wish they'd just do more proper 24 with Jack Bauer and not that Legacy crap they're doing next. He'll be too old by the time they get back to the real deal. Hurry up and do that Tony Almeida prison break storyline they showed a teaser clip of some time ago. We need a proper end for these two characters.

I've Luke Cage, Westworld and Lucifer queued to go.
                  Hopefully Jessica Jones will make some appearances in the Luke Cage show. Apparently season 2 of JJ is on hold until probably 2018 due to how they're trying to tie all these other Marvel characters into their bigger universe at the TV show level. Though season 1 was stolen by David Tennant as one of the best baddies ever.

Comment

Anyone watch Bloodline?

On season 1 ep 5 & I'm about to give up. Does it get better?

Comment

I liked 24 (and Touch to a lesser extent) but had heard this was a lot sillier and was recommended not to watch it - did I get bad advice?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X