• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Season two of Snowfall has started on FX or on download.
    Snowfall
    Nice ! Enjoyed the first season.

Comment

just finished the looming Tower quite interesting. Shocking 9/11 was such a complete screw up!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just found out there's a TV series of The Purge due to start on 4th September, 10 episodes.

Seen all the movies and find the concept entertaining. Reminds me of Battle Royale but on a larger scale. The adult version of 'british bulldog' type games I used to play as a kid before such things, along with 'conkers' were banned by the health & safety nanny state.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The Big Bang Theory - season 12 starts on 24th September.

Reports are that this will be the final season. and

Didn't realise it had been going for so long (only started watching it a few years ago) and probably about time they all moved on now the main cast are more like how Friends ended up (based on the very limited exposure I had of that show) and the original charm has mostly gone.

Still got Young Sheldon to remind us how good it used to be.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Anyone seen Sinner?

First two episodes were ok but looks like it's going to be that old Catholic guilt trope with no end of flashbacks to an abusive childhood (and I guess the clue is in the title). Yawn...

Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              The Big Bang Theory - season 12 starts on 24th September.

Reports are that this will be the final season. and

Didn't realise it had been going for so long (only started watching it a few years ago) and probably about time they all moved on now the main cast are more like how Friends ended up (based on the very limited exposure I had of that show) and the original charm has mostly gone.

Still got Young Sheldon to remind us how good it used to be.
              Yeah it's still good but they have to end it some time.

I saw Young Sheldon but didn't watch it, scared it would be terrible. Anyone?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I saw Young Sheldon but didn't watch it, scared it would be terrible. Anyone?
                I initially was the same, thinking adult Sheldon was more than enough never mind a kid version with all the typical kiddie annoyances on top.

Gave it a go when I couldn't find anything else I fancied watching and was surprised how good it was.

The child actors playing Sheldon and Missy make it work, unlike some shows (e.g. recent episodes of Not Going Out) where the kids are unconvincing (stands out a mile they're trying to act rather than be natural).

Sheldon's mum is played by the daughter of the actress who plays his mum in TBBT, which helps bridge the gap between the shows.

Comment

I always thought BBT was well-liked for its embracing of nerd humour and gentle humour. Apparently not - makes me like it all the more that it's offending people:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45282905
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Finally got round to watching Better Call Saul.

All up to date with season 4 except for this week's episode. Liking the inclusion of Mike and Gus as regular characters though the transformation from Jimmy to Saul is taking its time. It's motivated me to finally start a re-watch of Breaking Bad to remind myself how it all went down.

Other shows back or soon will be:

Fear The Walking Dead - resumption of season 4. Can't remember how the mid season finale ended so will need to recap that before catching up with the new episodes.

The Deuce - season 2. Only recently got round to watching season 1 and found it a bit slow but like other slow-paced shows the pay-off may be worth it. From the creators of The Wire so the quality should persist.

The Last Ship - season 5 just started, reportedly the last season. The first season or two was way better than what came after but last season with Peter 'Robocop' Weller was a bit too daft. Hope they have a good story to wrap it all up.

Comment

Lethal Weapon is back after losing Riggs (don't think it can be classed as a spoiler if it's been all over the news). I like Sean William-Scott, good first episode although sad to hear that Jordanna Brewster is leaving/left too
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X