• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Huhne plans 32,000 more wind turbines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huhne is an idiot.

Remember you've heard it on here first...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Huhne is an idiot.

Remember you've heard it on here first...
      AtW, you are a insightful , russian fellow

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Quite. Typically sane comment from one of the only (well, one of two actually) engineers who actually has any proper grasp of the concepts. Anyone else actually worked on power stations here? No?
        Indeed xogg, here's the real trick, both of us, the engineers that have operated power stations know the truth: no ovine propagandising journalist will ever bother accounting for the real world outside of the MSM editorial message.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

As atw said. He is a total utter twat, even by politician standards. Even the likes of Blair, Ed Balls or Ed Milliband have made sense sometimes. Huhne never.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In fact the only MP who is as much an utter total twat is Caroline Lucas.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              In fact the only MP who is as much an utter total twat is Caroline Lucas.
              That's not fair, you're forgetting poor little ginger troll Hazel Blears.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                That's not fair, you're forgetting poor little ginger troll Hazel Blears.
                OMG what a hideous image, and before my homemade curry, you bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  OMG what a hideous image, and before my homemade curry, you bastards!

Comment

Jesus, just when the basted red squirrel went into the aga....

Comment

Myth: Wind energy needs back-up to work
                      Fact: All forms of power generation require back up and no energy technology can be relied upon 100%. The UK's transmission system already operates with enough back-up to manage the instantaneous loss of a large power station. Variations in the output from wind farms are barely noticeable over and above the normal fluctuation in supply and demand, seen when the nation's workforce goes home, or if lightning brings down a high-voltage transmission line. Therefore, at present there is no need for additional back-up because of wind energy.
                      Even for wind power to provide 10% of our nation's electricity needs, only a small amount of additional conventional back-up would be required, in the region of 300-500 megawatts (MW). This would add only 0.2 pence per kilowatt hour to the generation cost of wind energy and would not in any way threaten the security of our grid6. In fact, this is unlikely to become a significant issue until wind generates over 20% of total electricity supply
                      RenewableUK - Top Myths About Wind Energy

Can't be bothered with the alarmist balony from behind the Murdoch paywall, the DECC report referred to is here, the section on the energy sector starts at Page 69. No mention of 'up to' 32,000 new wind turbines, that I can find, but it does say:

Over the 2020s, large-scale deployment of low carbon generation will be needed, with, we estimate, 40–70 GW of new capacity required by 2030. This will drive a huge reduction inemissions from electricity supply. In the 2020s, the Government wants to see nuclear, renewables and CCS competing to deliver energy at the lowest possible cost. As we do not know how costs will change over time, we are not setting targets for each technology or a decarbonisation target at this point.
                      When will the eejits come to us and say 'Guess what ? we have found a way of REDUCING your lekky bill'
                      Use less? From the report

The Green Deal, launching in 2012, will remove the upfront costs to the consumer of energy efficiency, with the cost being recouped through savings on their energy bills.
                      It is an unfortunate fact of life that generating our power means some damage to the landscape .
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X