• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maths problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    (although if you know all the distinct percentages but not the number of repetitions of each, then it's a variant of the Frobenius Coin Problem)
    Does that apply to the unobtainable score of 19 in a cribbage hand, and whatever it is in rugby union?

Comment

oi oi ...EO....comeeeeeeon old chap...tell me that scribbled bit of barely pseudo code is eeeeeeeeeexactly what you're looking for
      Tell me what language you're using and I might even see if I can smarten it up appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        oi oi ...EO....comeeeeeeon old chap...tell me that scribbled bit of barely pseudo code is eeeeeeeeeexactly what you're looking for
        Tell me what language you're using and I might even see if I can smarten it up appropriately.
        It's VBA

I got round it by looping through the values and jiggling with the number type.
        not quite as good as a dither, but it works
        users say they will accept diferent numbers for the same % , so long as the bottom line is correct

public dblRoundmeUpAS double
        public lngLastRoundmeUp as long

function RoundmeUp(myVal)

dblRoundmeUp = dblRoundmeUp + myVal
        RoundmeUp = CLng(dblRoundmeUp) - lngLastRoundmeUp
        lngLastRoundmeUp = dblRoundmeUp

end

I'm sh1t as maths me

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment