• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Annual Sports Personality of the Year Sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What are you on about:
    • golf:3
    • cricket:2
    • athletics:2
    • tennis
    • boxing
    • cycling
    All sound like proper, traditional sports to me.
    And, I repeat, probably the strongest field ever. Cavendish was a worthy winner.

I suspect the biggest internet campaign this time was for Murray, I can't think how else he came as high as fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I suspect the biggest internet campaign this time was for Murray, I can't think how else he came as high as fifth.
      Suprised even with a campaign he finished 5th. If a sports 'no' personality of the year is created, he'd walk it.

Maybe next year there'll be a footballer nominated.... and a bit of fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What are you on about:
        • golf:3
        • cricket:2
        • athletics:2
        • tennis
        • boxing
        • cycling
        All sound like proper, traditional sports to me.
        Golf is a 'game' not a 'sport'.

Athletics and cycling are just 'fitness' not 'sport'

That leaves a field of four.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Every time you make a post you reveal a new dimension to your ignorance.
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 23 December 2011, 18:14.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Every time you make post you reveal a new dimension to your ignorance.
            WHS - makes me dirty to say that

Are you saying the London Marathon and Tour de France aren't sporting events?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yup!

I'm not saying that people who achieve the highest levels don't deserve respect but if it doesn't involve skill and fitness then it isn't a sport.

Comment

Yup!

I'm not saying that people who achieve the highest levels don't deserve respect but if it doesn't involve skill and fitness then it isn't a sport.
                so cycling involves no skill whatsoever? Golf requires no fitness at all? You are truly an idiot. Do you really think that swinging a golf club requires no dexterity or athletic prowess?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Do you really think that swinging a golf club requires no dexterity or athletic prowess?
                  Darts, pool also require that but they are not considered sports - more of a show really.

Now being an agent does not require much athletic prowess but sure as hell requires a lot of dexterity

Comment

so cycling involves no skill whatsoever? Golf requires no fitness at all? You are truly an idiot. Do you really think that swinging a golf club requires no dexterity or athletic prowess?
                    Golf? Athletic prowess? You are having a laugh.

Happy Christmas Tory Boy. Hostilities suspended for the festive season.

Comment

Should have been JT
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X