• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sainsbury's carrier bags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tesco super mega ultra large bags are the best - 2 of them is enough for a month's shopping and they are easy to carry. Unlike the plastic ones that nearly cut your fingers off whenever they weigh over 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      The woman in front of me in the queue at Tescos today dropped dead right in front of me.

She'd just bought a Bag for Life as well.....
      You are so lucky, when I think how many times Ive wished the woman in front of me would drop dead.

Comment

I'm thinking of starting a business to import Sainsbury's carrier bags to Switzerland. The ones you buy here - which you have to do, since the free ones are suitable for about half an onion - last about a month. The Sainsbury's bags we have are now two years old. The only downside is that they readily identify you to other expats.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sainsburys?!

What have contractors been reduced to?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I'm thinking of starting a business to import Sainsbury's carrier bags to Switzerland. The ones you buy here - which you have to do, since the free ones are suitable for about half an onion - last about a month. The Sainsbury's bags we have are now two years old. The only downside is that they readily identify you to other expats.
            I can't find a picture on the interweb. The ones I buy are none of these:
            Sainsbury's carrier bags - Sainsbury's

Mine has "I'm pocket perfect" written on the pouch, inside a kangeroo.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              The tesco super mega ultra large bags are the best - 2 of them is enough for a month's shopping and they are easy to carry. Unlike the plastic ones that nearly cut your fingers off whenever they weigh over 1kg.
              Do they fold up to nothing though? The Sainsbury one has quite wide handles, and which crucially are also wide enough to be able to accommodate an arm in order to carry on the shoulder, hands free (best to beef up the handle joins with a bit of sewing for this though).

Comment

real contractors get their supplies either delivered or bought by the housekeeper as part of her duties
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Here you go

Couldn't find pictures on the web so I have taken photos:

First (left hand) picture is of the markI carrier bag, a fair bit smaller than the mark II and stuffs in to a rectangular pouch (shown top left). I added a sling with judicious use of bowline, double bowline on a bight knots, and lashing for the handle. Picture also shows markII's pouch (top right of left hand picture). The second picture is of the markII carrier bag. No sling here as the carry handles are wide enough to slip over a shoulder, once the handles have been strengthened with a bit of sewing. It can be turned inside out to hide the kangaroo and logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Real contractors go to Costco and buy bulk
                    I seem to recall the sounds of the missus (difficult to hear over sky sports whilst she does domestic stuff) directing the man from Ocado as to exactly where the bags should be placed in the kitchen. I am permie mind.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      I seem to recall the sounds of the missus (difficult to hear over sky sports whilst she does domestic stuff) directing the man from Ocado as to exactly where the bags should be placed in the kitchen. I am permie mind.
                      It's OK - we all know you shop at KwikSave.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X