• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Oracle always been this naff?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Let him bugger things up as much as he likes! That's more cash for the 'big boys'!

sorry Mich, I was distracted away from the Force

you're right

I stand corrected

get in the Suity

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I presume they use their own installer because windows isn't the only OS they support.
      They used to have proper windows applications back when I used Oracle (late 90's, early 2000's Oracle 8)
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Downloaded and installed the Oracle Client (32 bit) for windoze.

Try and run SQL Developer.

Path to java.exe please?

OK, downloads and installed JRE.

Enters path to java.exe

Ahh yes, that is indeed the path to java.exe, well done Suity but just to really really really hack you off, I'm going to play the J2SE SDK card now.

Suity googles this strange beast. Nothing called J2SE SDK that can be downloaded. Is this SQL Developer tool making this up just to annoy me?????

OK ok so it seems from a few forum posts that what I want is the JDK. Ha the JDK. Ok I download and install that.

Point the SQL Developer at this new fangled version.

Path to java.exe please?

I just told you where it is, and it's this SDK JDK thingamaflip you wanted. Here it is.

Path to java.exe please?

FOR FOOK SAKE I JUST TOLD YOU WHERE IT IS!!

No error. Just now asking for the path to java.exe.

Which begs the question, why would Oracle shift software with installers that omit the dependancies to leave you hunting round the internet like a zombie looking for this mythical J2SE SDK doobery whatsitpileofkak.

Blimey I miss SQL Server

FFS, children in school can tell the difference between the JRE and the SDK.

Reading between the lines with this thread and last weeks little number ( I cannot understand DNS ) it has taken you a week to get connected to an Oracle database to run some SQL.

With that in mind and your habit of reaching out and embracing the web for the simplest of technical problems I think we should now refer to you as white bob.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I think we should now refer to you as white bob.
          I propose we shorten that to "Wob"
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              FFS, children in school can tell the difference between the JRE and the SDK.

Reading between the lines with this thread and last weeks little number ( I cannot understand DNS ) it has taken you a week to get connected to an Oracle database to run some SQL.

With that in mind and your habit of reaching out and embracing the web for the simplest of technical problems I think we should now refer to you as white bob.
              Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I propose we shorten that to "Wob"
              Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
              Gents, we should all show more respect to suity. He is the advance scout of contracting, at the vanguard of sabotaging projects to allow the rest of us to come in and solve problems and send big invoices. The fact that he is unaware of his sabotage activities is irrelevant; I think we should all agree that he's doing a fabulous job of revenue generation for the rest of us.

Gents, I propose a toast to Suity! Cheers!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                They used to have proper windows applications back when I used Oracle (late 90's, early 2000's Oracle 8)
                I think it was 8i that bought the "universal installer" java thing in.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Gents, we should all show more respect to suity. He is the advance scout of contracting, at the vanguard of sabotaging projects to allow the rest of us to come in and solve problems and send big invoices. The fact that he is unaware of his sabotage activities is irrelevant; I think we should all agree that he's doing a fabulous job of revenue generation for the rest of us.

Gents, I propose a toast to Suity! Cheers!

you mean we should be sponsoring him ?

Suity we love you, group hugs everybody :-)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    you mean we should be sponsoring him ?

Suity we love you, group hugs everybody :-)

Milan.
                    In fact I'd say that his ignorance of his own sabotage is at the heart of his brilliance; if he was aware of it he'd struggle to be credible in the eyes of clientcos.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

In fact I'd say that his ignorance of his own sabotage is at the heart of his brilliance; if he was aware of it he'd struggle to be credible in the eyes of clientcos.

right

we'd best keep schtum then

Suity, keep up the good work mate, nothing to see here :-)

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X