• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sales Calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Threaded's yer man!

Where's my 20%?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      Yes. I also really hate it when people call me up and are polite, courteous and nice. I'd much rather they just called me a c * n t then proceeded to berate me over my lack of intelligence/hygiene/beauty etc. I really love it when they then proceed to insult my own mother, usually referring to her sexual promiscuity with prisoners and tramps.

Seriously, someone is trying to be nice to you and you have a problem with that? WTF?
      Polite != false interest in my life.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Polite != false interest in my life.
        Polite is not bombarding me with spurious phone calls in the first place.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

For cold callers, if I have time, I like to feign interest and then ask if they mind holding as I have someone at the door. Then I just leave the phone and see how long they are prepared to wait.

If I have no time, or am in a bad mood, then I find a straight "f*** off" does the trick.

If I'm really bored, I'll play the "how long can I string them along" game.

Does anyone ever buy anything off the back of a cold call? Personally I will walk out of a shop the minute anyone asks me if they can help me.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            "I've got a nice little earner in upmarket Doncaster"
            Oooh, I've never been called that before.

Anyway, dearie, next time you get a call, just tell them what you whispered in my ear on Saturday and that should get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              I do have a problem with it. For a start it is insincere, secondly it is presumptive and thirdly condescending. If you are an insecure little Hitler that likes fawning sycophants then fine. BTW what's your telephone number?

Excuse me for one moment... I appear to have nearly died from being overwhelmed by the irony of an agent complaining about insincerity.

Comment

Working...
              X