• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government bribing electorate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The problem, thicko, is I had to work for my first deposit allowing me get my foot in the door and find a product I could afford.

Now we have:

Bankers: David, this eurozone are threatening to take away all our tricks with this tobin tax, we've got all this risk in our portfolios, we'd like to stay in London but... - what can you do to help?

mmm

David: Idea! I'll transfer this toxic risk over to the one part of society who can't do anything about it.

This is scandalous. No measure on any scale can be found to highlight the grottiest legislation proposed here. A massive transfer of risk from the wealthily over to the poor.

It's outrageous. What a corrupt state the blind support with the promise of a few cookies.
    You live in Germany, you're a Scot, so **** you, your opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      You live in Germany, you're a Scot, so **** you, your opinion doesn't count.

Is that because he's a Scot or because he lives in Germany ?

(or because he's normally a bit of a cock ?)
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Number10gov: #housingstrategy: any buyer of a new home - not just 1st time buyers - can apply to borrow up to 95% of the value. New strategy to deliver homes and strengthen the economy - Corporate - Department for Communities and Local Government
        Original Tweet: Twitter / UK Prime Minister: #housingstrategy: any buye ...

BOOMED BTL empire here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Is that because he's a Scot or because he lives in Germany ?

(or because he's normally a bit of a cock ?)
          All three.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Can I just remind you my overpriced BTL is mortgaged at 0.49% + base.

Where can a new buyer get that rate now?

From what I've seen (not looked for a month or two as I'm holding off buying till at least next year) the minimum typical rate is around 4% and BTL rates will be a bit more than that.

So we have people being encouraged to pay top whack for a house, and probably stretching themselves financially to 'get on the ladder' while simultaneously paying almost 4% over base.

What happens when the base rate goes up, or do only house prices rise?

Hopefully people will be more wary of government help following the shared equity scheme bollocks.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Gordon Br... sorry, the LIbLabCon housing minister got a bit of a roasting on Newsnight over this tulip, save for support from the CBI director General, who thinks it's really great idea that the tax payer underwrite house builders like the banks get away with, it was even their (the CBI's) idea. All of his chums at the CBI agree with him too apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                housing minister got a bit of a roasting on Newsnight over this tulip

Saw that too. Everyone but the CBI bloke saying it was a bad idea to encourage more personal debt while house prices are coming down (a great way to get caught in negative equity straight away ) and jobs are feeling less secure.

The biggest shock was seeing Merryn Somerset Webb in the intro piece, with the gaps in her teeth and looking rather bedraggled. Previously thought she was in the same class as Susanna Reid for dirty-thirty-something sexy intellectual totty.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Saw that too. Everyone but the CBI bloke saying it was a bad idea to encourage more personal debt while house prices are coming down (a great way to get caught in negative equity straight away ) and jobs are feeling less secure.

The biggest shock was seeing Merryn Somerset Webb in the intro piece, with the gaps in her teeth and looking rather bedraggled. Previously thought she was in the same class as Susanna Reid for dirty-thirty-something sexy intellectual totty.
                  Didn't see that bit, or indeed most of the rest of Newsnight. However based on a cursory Google image browse, I would:

What's her pins like?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    What's her pins like?
                    Probably not much to write about as she doesn't get them out much according to google images.

Strange how there's not even any of the usual fake images with safe search off. There's a gap in the market there for someone with photoshop skills.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                    X