• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you believe in Nibiru?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    "Yes there is. John Terry will call it something offensive and/or sleep with it's missus."

FTFY
    Yes, I can imagine him shouting "Oy! You rocky c***!" up at the sky.

Comment

There's been a recent report that the brains of computer gamers differ:

BBC News - Computer gamers' brains 'differ'

Just a thought, could it be that this is part of evolution? When Armageddon comes and we are assailed by aliens/demons/creatures from another dimension/whatever, we will have a ready trained army to fight them.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

One year to go now - A year to go until end of the world: Mayan region plans year of celebrations - Telegraph

Comment

In 1938 it seemed that war with Germany was inevitable, so my grandmother built up a large stockpile of tinned food, sugar, and so forth. Then that nice Mr Chamberlain came back from Munich proclaiming "Peace in our time" and everybody relaxed.

They'd just about finished the stockpile by September 1939

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In 1938 it seemed that war with Germany was inevitable, so my grandmother built up a large stockpile of tinned food, sugar, and so forth. Then that nice Mr Chamberlain came back from Munich proclaiming "Peace in our time" and everybody relaxed.

Indeed it is possible to do a great trade and get the timing a bit wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

As soon as Chamberlin came back from Germany, my mother who was in the fire service was told that Chamberlin has bought time and we need to rush to make preparations war.

Had Chamberlin not made the agreement the UK would have be over run by Germany in a matter of weeks.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                As soon as Chamberlin came back from Germany, my mother who was in the fire service was told that Chamberlin has bought time and we need to rush to make preparations war.

Had Chamberlin not made the agreement the UK would have be over run by Germany in a matter of weeks.
                My wife used to work for Claire Hollingworth who won "Scoop of the CEntury" for breaking the news that WW2 had started My Century | BBC World Service

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Not possible, I'm afraid. The Germans did Blitzkrieg on land - they had no capability to cross water wider than a canal or river - not in 1938 and at no time during the war. Their plan in 1940 involved a load of barges which they collected together in various channel ports. They wouldn't have got them if they hadn't invaded France/Belgium/Holland and moved them around.

And the few planes they did have to send in paratroops would not have been capable of keeping up supply lines, never mind heavy artillery or tanks that would have also been needed to back them up.

What Chamberlain did buy us was a year to build up production of Spitfires and Hurricanes (and other war materials) for which we must thank him for, plus Dowding's refusal to throw away too many of them defending the lost cause that was France in 1940.

But I digress. I have merely stocked up on motorbikes, but that's nothing to do with the end of the world.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post

But I digress. I have merely stocked up on motorbikes, but that's nothing to do with the end of the world.......
                    A useful way to get out of the cities, should any kind of panic ensue...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                      Not possible, I'm afraid. The Germans did Blitzkrieg on land - they had no capability to cross water wider than a canal or river - not in 1938 and at no time during the war.
                      They would not have needed it with nukes placed on missiles.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X