• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Prix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Indeed. He'd be a fearsome white van man. (although not as bad as flat cap man, who can't stand to be overtaken by somebody travelling > 65mph)

Comment

I think it'll be a 1-3 as Alonso is hard to get past (and fighting for second in the championship)

Don't get me started on the Sky thing. We should get some races on the BBC but they are not revealing which ones at the moment
      Apparently it will include the British, Monaco & final race. Although I think Monaco is heavily overrated.

The annoying thing is that it does feel a bit of a stitch-up on the part of the BBC. Five would have been quite happy to take on the contract if the BBC were struggling to meet the budget balance.

For the vast majority of the F1 viewing public, this would have been far preferable to only being able to see 10 races.

Comment

Indeed. He'd be a fearsome white van man. (although not as bad as flat cap man, who can't stand to be overtaken by somebody travelling > 65mph)
        Are we really comparing Alonso and Vettel by their abilities to drive like nobs in motorway traffic?

Of course, I forgot, this is CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Five would have been quite happy to take on the contract if the BBC were struggling to meet the budget balance.
          And put adverts back in the races.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The only real way to judge how good Vettel is is how totally he has dominated Webber in qualifying AND races. It's not like We get Vettel/Webber 1/2 on the grid and at the flag... normally Webber seems to end 4th. Since Webber is regarded as at least pretty good, that tells you a lot... the RB car might not even be fastest now but Vettel is just crazy good.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Are we really comparing Alonso and Vettel by their abilities to drive like nobs in motorway traffic?

Of course, I forgot, this is CUK.
              Absolutely! Do try to keep up at the back . Unless you have recently purchsed a flat cap, of course....
              Thinking about it - it was you on the M6 that time wasn't it?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                The only real way to judge how good Vettel is is how totally he has dominated Webber in qualifying AND races. It's not like We get Vettel/Webber 1/2 on the grid and at the flag... normally Webber seems to end 4th. Since Webber is regarded as at least pretty good, that tells you a lot... the RB car might not even be fastest now but Vettel is just crazy good.
                Or the car is designed to favour Vettel's driving style, perhaps?
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  Every car is set up for its individual driver on each particular track.

Vettel is a probably the best driver (at the moment), driving probably the best car (at the moment). Five years ago it was Alonso and ten years ago it was Schumacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    Possibly. Sir Jackie has said something along the lines that Webber was just intimdated by Vettel's fast start and has been over-driving the car to try an catch up.

I really think that the McLaren is faster overall. Lewis must wonder why he didn't have this car six months ago.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      And put adverts back in the races.
                      Well of course, but that's still better than a Sky Sports subscription.

Comment

Working...
                      X