• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the forced 2 mins silence BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every year.

Last year it was Kandr, Diestl the year before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Every year.

Comment

Every year.

I could be wrong, but Kandr and Diestl were one and the same if memory serves.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Bugger: Russel does have a point here. It is one that has been bothering me for a while.

If you do not wish to take part for some reason then you are put in a difficult position. This almost seems like enforcement.

I take part, but would not wish to enforce this on others and would not think less of any who dont.

The ones I despise are those who choose not to take part AND make a point of not taking part or take the piss out of those that do. That is why Russel is a tosser.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
            I could be wrong, but Kandr and Diestl were one and the same if memory serves.
            Most likely.

I am really struggling to think who their latest incarnation might be though. Any ideas?

Comment

Most likely.

I am really struggling to think who their latest incarnation might be though. Any ideas?
              My money is on NothernladUk

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                Bugger: Russel does have a point here. It is one that has been bothering me for a while.

If you do not wish to take part for some reason then you are put in a difficult position. This almost seems like enforcement.

I take part, but would not wish to enforce this on others and would not think less of any who dont.

The ones I despise are those who choose not to take part AND make a point of not taking part or take the piss out of those that do. That is why Russel is a tosser.
                Those that don't want to take two mins to reflect on the sacrifices of others don't have to. But it wouldn't hurt them to STFU for 120 seconds out of respect for their colleagues in the same work area that do.

Comment

Those that don't want to take two mins to reflect on the sacrifices of others don't have to. But it wouldn't hurt them to STFU for 120 seconds out of respect for their colleagues in the same work area that do.
                  WPLS. Keep your gob shut and read a document for a few moments while others participate. It won't kill you.
                  You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                    WPLS. Keep your gob shut and read a document for a few moments while others participate. It won't kill you.
                    I did that, I was complaining about the whole falseness of it. Never mind its over for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                      I would, i'd be offended if I was in an office where someone did not respect the silence. In doing so, they are disrespecting those of us who believe it still has meaning.

Comment

Working...
                      X