• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastards

I hate the taste of cheese and can only eat Mozarella which doesn't taste of anything.

I love food but a closed door forever when it comes to cheese.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Bastards

I hate the taste of cheese and can only eat Mozarella which doesn't taste of anything.

I love food but a closed door forever when it comes to cheese.
      Most supermarket stuff is pretty bland but buffalo mozzarella softened on garlic rubbed ciabbata with a basil leaf and balsamic vinegar to dip, yum!
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Most supermarket stuff is pretty bland but buffalo mozzarella softened on garlic rubbed ciabbata with a basil leaf and balsamic vinegar to dip, yum!
        Yeah, supermarket crap to 'proper' I use in many recipes as a subsitute for any other cheese. Unfortunately as close as I'll get.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Britain, France, Italy and Spain (just for Manchego), are there any other nations who make cheese worth talking about?
          Edam, Leerdammer and that ilk are nice - where are they from? Holland?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Edam, Leerdammer and that ilk are nice
            If your tastes run to the bland.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Edam, Leerdammer and that ilk are nice - where are they from? Holland?
              Um, yeah!

They do have some good local cheeses in cloggers, a lot of the markets have borenkaas (locally made farm cheese, with various flavours of mustard seeds, cumin or peppers) and you can't beat a nice slice of oude kaas or overjarig. Maasdaam is nice (quite similar to Jarlsberg).
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                If your tastes run to the bland.
                Or you have a subtle palate able to discern delicate flavours.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not a big cheese lover, infact I don't think I've ever had any of the soft cheese mentioned. A bit of dairy lea, philidelphia, cheddar, red leicester

Like the question that was asked to Steven Gerrard during a radio interview -
                  "What is your favourite cheese?" to which he answered melted.

Comment

Working...
                  X