• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got 2 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion and it could be right but still doesn't change my mind. Anyone working in a bank right now that is sitting there pretty thinking their job is 100% safe wants a dose of reality, whatever they do.
    I'm not disagreeing just pointing out that some people may think and have a reason to think that they are better placed than others.

To be honest I'm not that concerned about my current contract. Plan B is progressing very well and gives me a whole new skillset I can use even if it fails (nosql, realtime BI, mapreduce and node.js). You have to look after number 1 and if that means crappy classic asp in your day job and everything else outside so be it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      dealing with users with primary school mentality.
      That it in all, the work is no more difficult than anywhere else. Still when you're in you're in. Wish they stop phoning me cos I ain't going back for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Been sat on my ass all week. I've had a renewal but the project I was back for has been outsourced as well.

Other projects in pipeline at clientco but presently not assigned to any.

Bored.
        IR35 risk?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          If BI reporting is moving offshore I would be very concerned that the rest of the BI workflow will rapidly follow and the quality of information reported will be to the standard you expect from Captain Bob. Of course it will be Milliseconds until the consequences are noticed by the local business but years before the C level staff realise its a mistake but ho hum.
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I'm sorry but I think you're talking out of your arse. Many people will be expecting things to go bad but you endeavour to escape to a safer department / project. Credit Risk Register reporting is something that most people would call a safe area because its BI which is currently done close to the end customer / user as it requires local Business knowledge that is hard to explain to outsourced resources.

If BI reporting is moving offshore I would be very concerned that the rest of the BI workflow will rapidly follow and the quality of information reported will be to the standard you expect from Captain Bob. Of course it will be years until the consequences are noticed but ho hum.
            You've obviously never heard of Infosys.
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Just been told that the two new starters for next week will now not be joining and they are reviewing all contractors rates, contracts and projects.

Client has said 'Cost cutting. Don't worry MF, you won't be affected'
              I said, 'Nah, I'm happy to go, do you want me to go,I'll go now'

Still here.

Fingers crossed.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                You've obviously never heard of Infosys.
                I've worked with them a few times. Fill yer boots if you're a contract tester at the users' end. Be careful though, clientco might go bust trying to implement Finacle, and leave you out of pocket, as happened to me. Important to know when to jump.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Just been told that the two new starters for next week will now not be joining and they are reviewing all contractors rates, contracts and projects.

Client has said 'Cost cutting. Don't worry MF, you won't be affected'
                  I said, 'Nah, I'm happy to go, do you want me to go,I'll go now'

Still here.

Fingers crossed.
                  You know you've sunk to a new low when you're so useless you can't even get canned!
                  Last edited by Spacecadet; 11 November 2011, 10:50.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    You know you've sunk to a new low when you're so useless you can't even get canned!
                    they need to keep someone on to make the brews

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      How did your last interview go?

Comment

Working...
                      X