• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got 2 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Will it be the end of contracting in the city?
    Looks like it for russell.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Will it be the end of contracting in the city? Banks have been trying to get rid of contractors for 20+ years but have never come close yet.
      One can only hope. All the best minds can then go and do something worthwhile, like work here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        One can only hope. All the best minds can then go and do something worthwhile, like work here
        I worked with someone at a bank who came from pharmaceutical. His salary doubled and so expected to get work twice as difficult. He was suprised to be doing trivial jobs. The only thing tough about the city is commuting and dealing with users with primary school mentality.

Comment

I worked with someone at a bank who came from pharmaceutical. His salary doubled and so expected to get work twice as difficult. He was suprised to be doing trivial jobs. The only thing tough about the city is commuting and dealing with users with primary school mentality.
          You should see the "characters" I met on Monday. They keep them in a dark cave and feed them fish heads.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Was on a 6 monther but got told this morning contracting budget has been removed.
            They're just trimming the fat.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just been benched as well first time ever, 1 week into a 6 month renewal, really didn't think it would happens as though client is a bank, I'm not IT I'm business alligned doing all the Credit Risk Reg reporting, thought it was a growing area and safe UK job, but they decided to give it the Bobs so its going to frigging India.

Ahh well this is the worst I have known it in banking anyway, going have to sell my body
              Last edited by Bumfluff; 10 November 2011, 11:43.

Comment

Hard luck all.

As for this;
                Credit Risk Reg reporting, thought it was a growing area and safe UK job, but they decided to give it the Bobs
                , well, we'll see how well that works a few years down the line.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Been sat on my ass all week. I've had a renewal but the project I was back for has been outsourced as well.

Other projects in pipeline at clientco but presently not assigned to any.

Bored.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Makes you wonder about the old thing that you should never really can a contract half way through if it suits you and should see it out.

Clients dont seem to mind canning people if it suits them.....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Hard luck all.

As for this;
                      , well, we'll see how well that works a few years down the line.
                      I can't see it working at all, it bad enough with alot of the IT out sourced there. I can only assume that as well as cost cutting there is some long term strategic reason for it possibly being they wanted more head count closer to these growing markets.

Permies and contractors were all very shocked didn't see it comming.

Comment

Working...
                      X