• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Violence is likely

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Work from home is the safest.

As the police may try their kettling tactic. You know what happened to Ian Tomlinson
    At least the police have decided to stick to kettling. When they move on to teabagging, things could get nasty.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Personally I'd like to thank the organisers of the demo. Today I get to wear normal clothes - I was going to wear the Steel Panther t shirt I bought last night. Also we have been told that the place is shutting at lunch, but they will pay us for a full day. Can we have more of these protests?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Is it Control when security tell you that you shouldn't go out of the building between 12 and 2 because the riot, sorry I meant protest, is going to be going by the office.

Does this affect IR35.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Protests

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Personally I'd like to thank the organisers of the demo. Today I get to wear normal clothes - I was going to wear the Steel Panther t shirt I bought last night. Also we have been told that the place is shutting at lunch, but they will pay us for a full day. Can we have more of these protests?
          Lucky b'stard - we get to dress down but instead of leaving early, it has been suggested to us that we work later to avoid the trouble?!?!?! WTF

I appreciated the suggestion and I know where they can stick it.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
            We have been advised to 'dress like a student' and be vigilent!
            Last weekend in Amsterdam I had a look in a shop selling rather grungy clothing, similar to the stuff I used to buy at Millets or second hand shops when I was a stewed ent. They had a big poster of Kurt Cobain on the wall, whose trademark was to never wear clothes costing more than about 3 dollars, scruffy jackets starting at 1200 euros and bleach stained jeans starting at 500 euros. I left, doing my best not to react like Victor Meldrew.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Last weekend in Amsterdam I had a look in a shop selling rather grungy clothing, similar to the stuff I used to buy at Millets or second hand shops when I was a stewed ent. They had a big poster of Kurt Cobain on the wall, whose trademark was to never wear clothes costing more than about 3 dollars, scruffy jackets starting at 1200 euros and bleach stained jeans starting at 500 euros. I left, doing my best not to react like Victor Meldrew.
              I don't believe it.
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
                Lucky b'stard - we get to dress down but instead of leaving early, it has been suggested to us that we work later to avoid the trouble?!?!?! WTF

I appreciated the suggestion and I know where they can stick it.
                I know and the girl who sits opposite me has massive norks and her idea of dress down is to have a low cut top on. Quite spectacular!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  I know and the girl who sits opposite me has massive norks and her idea of dress down is to have a low cut top on. Quite spectacular!
                  FFS! PICTURES man PICTURES!!!
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I left, doing my best not to react like Victor Meldrew.
                    I don't beliiiiiieeeeeeve it!

Whoooops! Should have read on from MTT's comment before posting.
                    DOH!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X