• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who would buy an island?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would buy an island?

Do you think anyone would be interested in a part share of your own private island?

Like get 10 people to share the cost?

Something like a 13 acre island off the coast of county cork

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/sandycoveeuir.htm

Or this one in an Irish lough

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/castleisland.htm

Or maybe this big one off the west coast of Scotland

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/...rae-island.htm

I reckon a website for people to timeshare islands, fancy cars, villas etc, so you can be a part time playboy without the need for silly money would be a good business idea.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Do you think anyone would be interested in a part share of your own private island?
    If its part share, then how can it be "your own private" island? Reminds me those house ads: buy 50% and rent 50% more to "own" house

Comment

Don't be silly AtW.

Most people say they own their own house when the bank actually has the deeds and people owe 90% of it's value to the bank.

It would be a part ownership scheme to pay cash and have 10% of an island.

Think of it as an investment.

Comment

"IEP £500 000"

Err..the country moved on from Monopoly money a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          It would be a part ownership scheme to pay cash and have 10% of an island.
          The point I was making is actually that if you just have 10% of the island then you can't say you own island, because there ought to be other people who own the rest. More importantly what would you do about raising sea levels and imminent asteroid plunging into middle of the ocean with big waves send all around the world?

Comment

I would only want my own island if I could get it recognised as a sovereign state. Then I would pass lots of laws. My laws regarding women would be very like Islam's but sort of in reverse.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              My laws regarding women would be very like Islam's but sort of in reverse.
              One woman can have up to 4 husbands?

Comment

Working...
              X