• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A message to Anti-Capitalist Protestors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Then there is the question as to why journalists were agressively shooed away, and not simply allowed in to look into the tents.
    If a journalist came round your house and demanded to look in your bedroom while you were asleep, wouldn't you tell them to **** off? I would.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      If a journalist came round your house and demanded to look in your bedroom while you were asleep, wouldn't you tell them to **** off? I would.
      Well if I was making a public protest and there appeared to be no-one there apart from mannequins I might make an effort to dispel doubts, after all it is a public protest.

Isn't that the point of a public protest, to demonstrate that you are there?

It's pretty clear most of them went home. Difficult to believe that a bunch of benefit scroungers are going to rough it.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 10 June 2022, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
          Are the protestors really anti-capitalist?
          Well, the ones in finsbury circus have a huge banner that says "capitalism isn't working" which is a bit of a clue.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Not exactly sure what her point is. I'm sure the protesters all have bank accounts too, that would have been shorter to point out but would miss the chance for some publicity.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Not exactly sure what her point is. I'm sure the protesters all have bank accounts too, that would have been shorter to point out but would miss the chance for some publicity.
                Her point is stop whining, keep your head down and get on with it.

Of course 'the man' got rich off the backs of automatons like her husband but she is too dumb to realise that.

She doesn't say what she does?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  She doesn't say what she does?
                  Sponges off her husband and goes on strike when he won't buy her a new pair of shoes? I bet she protests a bit if he leaves the toilet seat up as well.

Comment

AtW puts his tent up every night in his bed

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
                      12 hours per day for 301 days out of 365? Isn't there some health & safety law that would prevent that? Oil drilling platforms are dangerous environments. I woud imagine that a worker would need to be alert and have their wits about them at all times whilst working in that kind of environment. Can't see how anyone could achieve that if they were working so many hours. I know guys who work 12 hour shifts in chemical plants, and they typically only do 4 shifts before they then have several days off to recover.
                      Yep, it possibly gives an insight into how the Gulf of Mexico and the southern swamps have ended up full of oil pollution.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X