• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding Public Sector Workers!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Well no, that depends on your viewpoint. Are you saying their opinion on this is therefore not valid?

Most contractors are directors, they earn more than most public sector workers and they arrange their finances favourably to themselves - does that mean we cannot voice it either? At what point do you draw the line?

If my doctor diagnoses me with liver disease, I wouldn't ignore him, turn on him, and even blame him because he himself drinks like a fish. His drinking habits are a red herring as far as my health is concerned.
    No, but if your doctor starts diagnosing everybody who enters his surgery with liver disease and then you discover he has shares in a pharmaceutical company that's just brought a new medicine for liver disease onto the market, it might be a good moment to seek a second opinion.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

For all you morons banging on about over reliance on the City, here's some more evidence that manufacturing actually contributes rather more.

Factcheck: Redressing the balance? The role of the City in the economy | Full Fact

DO try and have some facts and figures rather than ranting like cretins
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        No, but if your doctor starts diagnosing everybody who enters his surgery with liver disease and then you discover he has shares in a pharmaceutical company that's just brought a new medicine for liver disease onto the market, it might be a good moment to seek a second opinion.
        Except that is not really a valid comparison, is it?
        You disingenuous old tester you!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Except that is not really a valid comparison, is it?
          You disingenuous old tester you!!

Well then it didn't really start out as a valid comparison did it?

You disingenuous old whateveryoudoer you!!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Well spotted. Thankfully, most of them have some sort of grip of world realities outwith the Contractor community. Unlike you obviously.
            Yes, what an idiot I was to post on a Contracting forum about how a strike might affect contractors. Clearly, how it affects benefit claimants is more relevant.

What a dipstick you really are.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Yes, what an idiot I was to post on a Contracting forum about how a strike might affect contractors.
              If the cap fits doofus.
              You HAVE no kids, therefore you have no practical experience of how contractors with kids conduct their affairs. You dived in with your gormless speculation well to the fore. Quelle surprise.
              Stick to your imaginary friends, there's a good chap. At least you are well versed on understanding them.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yes, what an idiot I was to post on a Contracting forum about how a strike might affect contractors. Clearly, how it affects benefit claimants is more relevant.

What a dipstick you really are.
                FFS You're such a moron, you've got me agrreeing with the cretin SB
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

But if aliens abducted him not even the ill people would be diagnosed and we'd all die!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    What a massive pile of utter pish. I love it when people who can't do maths recycle the crap they read in the press.

The financial services sector is 10% of GDP, less than the manufacturing sector.

The myth of Britain's manufacturing decline ? The Register

You, sir, are a moron of the first order.
                    HTH, BIDI
                    Oh dear. Clearly being such an expert in maths you failed to pay attention to your reading skills.

I was responding to someone who was arguing that we "need the banks" because we are totally reliant on them, and pointing out that actually we don't. So basically you are agreeing with me, while simultaneously calling me a moron of the first order because I hold the same opinion as you.

I think that makes you a decidedly second class moron.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Oh dear. Clearly being such an expert in maths you failed to pay attention to your reading skills.

I was responding to someone who was arguing that we "need the banks" because we are totally reliant on them, and pointing out that actually we don't. So basically you are agreeing with me, while simultaneously calling me a moron of the first order because I hold the same opinion as you.

I think that makes you a decidedly second class moron.
                      Your words:

"like not being overly reliant on a single sector"
                      "banking as the backbone of it's economy"

8% of the economy is hardly "the backbone" or "being over-reliant" is it? Anyone listening to your vapid rantings would have conclude its about 80%

Epic Fail and still a moron.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X