• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greek default in the next two weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    We will see who is correct come January then.
    Well given that I haven't made a definite prediction I'm unlikely to be wrong, but you can see if you are right or not if you like.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I believe they have €2bn due on the 11th, another €4bn in December and another €4bn in January.
      And I'm not seeing Greece go bust. Did they get the dough? Is austerity now in place? Are the peasants revolting?

It's hard to take the news seriously when things don't draw to the previously painted innevitable conclusion.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        It's hard to take the news seriously when things don't draw to the previously painted innevitable conclusion.

Its like all wars. Long periods (months / weeks) of total inaction followed by seconds of serious activity.

I think the EU conference this Friday will result in some news but it will be January before the market sees the size of the fresh pile of tulip its created.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          And I'm not seeing Greece go bust. Did they get the dough? Is austerity now in place? Are the peasants revolting?

There is £2bn due for repayment on the 16th and £2bn on the 23rd. Then another £2bn on 13th Jan and another £2bn on the 20th.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
          X