• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1023 criminals released by mistake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    Programmers who see something they don't understand and refuse to learn what it is and appreciate reasons for it, should be fired.
    Beheaded, surely? It's the only sort of language they understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
      No link yet on BBC site but many are murderers and rapists. Should have been deported - now they are laughing their c0cks off at us.

Charles Clark apparently admits the Gov tried to mislead public until they were found out.

I think this warrants a Grrrrrrrr
      I blame some IT geek for this fiasco - Obviously the number of criminals due for release was stored in binary in a 10-bit field, and overflowed to zero when the 1024th was added.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        I blame some IT geek for this fiasco - Obviously the number of criminals due for release was stored in binary in a 10-bit field, and overflowed to zero when the 1024th was added.
        Gosh, you think so?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Here is faster way to do it: (1<<11)-1=1023

Note that I used only 1's there, this makes my solution more beautiful.
          I wonder if, the next time they release rapists, murderers etc, the number will be able to be represented by just 2s

Comment

There is a lot about this subject in the media at the moment and I have just listened to some dickhead on the news say that all the attention is wrong and that we are all just being racist as they had served their sentences and are no more of a danger than any other criminal. Comments from the panel?

Comment

It's stating the obvious to most of us with any sense but racism is nothing to do with it, the problem is not because they are black or whatever but because they are not British citizens. We unfortunately have to put up with our own criminals, we have no such duty to foreign nationals.

There are too many blithering twits like this. You only have to look on the net for a short while to find those that think we should abolish all controls and allow free immigration. Quite how they think the entire peasant population of Bangladesh would manage to find jobs I have no idea.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                There is a lot about this subject in the media at the moment and I have just listened to some dickhead on the news say that all the attention is wrong and that we are all just being racist as they had served their sentences and are no more of a danger than any other criminal. Comments from the panel?
                They need to say that in Reading where those girls were repeatedly raped, tortured and one finally killed - the other got away after being shot in the head. Some of those responsible were from the 1023

Comment

They were guests in our country.

By committing a crime they lost any reasonable right to remain here - just as you would eject a guest from your house who decides to try and nick some of your stuff.

Race has nothing to do with it

As soon as they have served their time in nick, they should be transported from the prison to a plane with a one-way ticket.

Or beheaded !

Comment

Close but wrong. Part of the sentence for each of these was deportation. As I understood it. Otherwise completely correct.

It is difficult when the word of the day is "fair" to propose different treatment of criminals based on their nationality.
                    It is distinctly unfair that a foreigner can be imprisoned and deported when a local can only be imprisoned.
                    Having said that, it is my firm belief that all foreignors wishing to remain in the UK should have it as part of their conditions that they do not acquire a criminal record.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

My comment is that part of the sentence handed down by the judges was that the miscreants are to be thrown out of the country when they complete their jail term.

The home office is obviously not complying with the sentences as handed down for their own political reasons which IMHO is contempt of court.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X