• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1023 criminals released by mistake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link,GD,link?
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
      Link,GD,link?
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...25/udeport.xml
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Merci
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

512 + 256 + 128 + 64 + 32 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 1023
          Here is faster way to do it: (1<<11)-1=1023

Note that I used only 1's there, this makes my solution more beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ears
            "To the best of my knowledge between February 1999 and March 2006, 1,023 foreign national criminals who should have been considered for deportation or removal completed their prison sentences and were released without any consideration of deportation or removal action," he said.

"That is a failure of the Home Office and its agencies for which I take responsibility."

Asked if he believed all of the 1,023 prisoners would be recaptured for possible deportation, Mr Clarke said: "There are a large number of people involved. I can't say hand on heart that we will identify where each one of those is, but we are working on that very energetically."
            I hate these "new" liebour drones and their Newspeak. Never say I have fecked up, just weasel words and soundbites to make it less than it really is. And deny it enough times etc etc

There was a new liebour drone on LBC spinning a story about a £20m overspend.

Liar: "We had a requirement for another £20m..."
            LBC: "So, it was an overspend?"
            Liar: "It was used for unexpected increase in..."
            LBC: "A £20m overspend?"
            Liar: "A further investment was needed..."
            LBC: "So, overspend then?"
            Liar: "Additional funds (blah blah blah)"

Unbelievable. People should call them liars and then we may get somewhere.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Link,GD,link?

made it to the Beeb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4942886.stm

Comment

This is what happens when you let this man

Sorry I mean this man run things

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Here is faster way to do it: (1<<11)-1=1023

Note that I used only 1's there, this makes my solution more beautiful.

But less comprehensible to anyone who doesnt understand the notation.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    Maybe that is what the architect wrote, the coder missunderstood, and now 1023 mad men are on the loose... Bwahahahahaha
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                      Its the question of priorities, a company may want either:

1) hire people who understand that notation and thus produce fast code for clients of the firm

2) hire people who don't understand that notation and thus produce slower code for clients of the firm

Programmers who see something they don't understand and refuse to learn what it is and appreciate reasons for it, should be fired.

Comment

Working...
                      X