• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we vote on Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keninparis View Post
    A tricky one. IMO, better off out of europe to stop getting involved in pointless wars and sending lambs the slaughter (hate those army adverts) but a common market makes sense.
    0/10 - Crap trolling.

Must try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Pretty much looks like it, all in all.

The EU these days bears very little resemblance to "The Common Market" as it was sold to us mugs back in 1975.
      No, no. They're just as frustrated, but there has to be some unity among the 'can usually pay their own bills' countries to get the problems sorted out. Better for Call-me-Dave and 15 Pint Hague to start building that unity than pull out, and I suspect they know that.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm a UKIP member, a referendum is necessary. If the result goes the wrong way I'll shut up but it is necessary.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          0/10 - Crap trolling.

Must try harder.
          Don't know what trolling means. Ah, so no one is allowed an opinion.

0/10

Comment

Originally posted by keninparis View Post
            Don't know what trolling means. Ah, so no one is allowed an opinion.

0/10
            Well if you're feeling particularly paranoid, I am but you're not. This forum isn't a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I'm a UKIP member, a referendum is necessary. If the result goes the wrong way I'll shut up but it is necessary.
              How can anyone support referenda and then say the result might ' go the wrong way'? Surely if your belief in the collective wisdom of the people is so strong you want them to decide things by popular vote, it's a contradiction to suggest the result might ' go the wrong way'?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                This forum isn't a democracy.
                CUK should maybe mention this in their T&Cs. Think best back out of this one.
                No offence intended.
                KR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  How can anyone support referenda and then say the result might ' go the wrong way'? Surely if your belief in the collective wisdom of the people is so strong you want them to decide things by popular vote, it's a contradiction to suggest the result might ' go the wrong way'?
                  Well, blessed is just about everyone with a vested interest in the status quo, as far as I can tell, Reg.

Gratuitous MP quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Why is a referendum necessary? If there's really the public will, then why didn't UKIP win the election? There's been eight(?) general elections since 1975. If people were mislead about the common market in 1975, and the public is really desperate for us to get out of Europe, why haven't they expressed that opinion in those eight general elections?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Why is a referendum necessary? If there's really the public will, then why didn't UKIP win the election? There's been eight(?) general elections since 1975. If people were mislead about the common market in 1975, and the public is really desperate for us to get out of Europe, why haven't they expressed that opinion in those eight general elections?
                      I think the last 3 general elections have been won by parties promising a referendum on Europe in some form or another, certainly the last 2. All have reneged on these manifesto promises citing some sort of political slight of hand.

There are certain factions of the public that will only ever vote one way. Far too stupid to realise they are being shafted. Others have vested interests.

Maybe a change in the political system is needed. You only get to vote if you are contributing to the UK. Tax resident and employed.
                      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                      X