• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phones4U

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Master
    Absolutely. This is why I love it when a supplier screws up within those first seven days - in fact I positively encourage it. It gives you a massive advantage that you can ruthlessly exploit to drive the deal down to rock bottom. It's even better if it's a retail type shop because the last thing they want is you making a scene or telling other customers "do you know what they did", which you should of course start doing if they try to play hardball.
    lets hope there are some other customers in there then!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

PAC code

Maybe I've missed something but if you're going from O2 to Vodafone then it's O2 who have to provide the PAC code. They are allowed to charge a small admin fee for this but can't refuse to do it. You then give your new supplier the code and they can transport you number. So technically Vodafone are correct - it isn't something that they can do.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SAPBoy
        Maybe I've missed something but if you're going from O2 to Vodafone then it's O2 who have to provide the PAC code. They are allowed to charge a small admin fee for this but can't refuse to do it. You then give your new supplier the code and they can transport you number. So technically Vodafone are correct - it isn't something that they can do.

HTH
        yes you have missed something

I have got my PAC number.

I have got a new contract through phones4u with vodafone on teh understanding that I could ring vodafone up and give them my pac number when it came through

I have rung vodafone to tell them the PAC number but they say that they can't do it this way as when I signed up a new number was reserved for me

vodafone are telling me that this happens a lot cos places like phones4u and caphonewarehouse want the deal that day

don't know who is telling me porkies but someone is and I think it's phones4u

Comment

Most phone companies will let you join and then ring back later with the PAC code say within the first 2 months or so...

Voda are different and can only do the port on connection as one transaction!

Phone4U just wanted the connection!

Comment

Originally posted by Millboy
            Most phone companies will let you join and then ring back later with the PAC code say within the first 2 months or so...

Voda are different and can only do the port on connection as one transaction!

Phone4U just wanted the connection!

ahhhhh, so it's combination of voda being poo and phones4u being lying gits!

I'm SO gonna give them hell at lunchtime... 30minutes and counting

Comment

Originally posted by janey
              ahhhhh, so it's combination of voda being poo and phones4u being lying gits!

I'm SO gonna give them hell at lunchtime... 30minutes and counting
              What's your opening offer going to be?

Mate of mine claimed to have got 12 months free after being similarly messed about, but he is a known Billy Bulltulipter so he might have been exaggerating.

Comment

Whats the deal they are doing? 12 month or 18 month contract? half price line rental? free mins/text?

Comment

Originally posted by Millboy
                  Whats the deal they are doing? 12 month or 18 month contract? half price line rental? free mins/text?
                  18 month, 6 months half price line rental, 350 anytime xnetwork mins, 250 texts... the guy in the phones4u shop also reckoned there was 4000 off peak calls free as well which i'm now guessing was complete BS

thinking I just want out of this deal completely and go elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                    What's your opening offer going to be?

Mate of mine claimed to have got 12 months free after being similarly messed about, but he is a known Billy Bulltulipter so he might have been exaggerating.
                    I'm thinking an extra 6months half price would be nice and perhaps a bluetooth headset

Comment

I think that tarriff is £40 a month?? the half price aint bad but Phones4U or any other shop cant authorise any extra discounted months even if they have given wrong advise.. only money out of their till!!

Not sure on receiption coverage where you are but T-Mobile have just launched a new deal... £35 a month and you get a credit rather than mins or text.. you get £180 per month to spend on cross network calls, text message, voice mail and picture messages.. you simply eat away at the credit.

Each week you receive a text to say how much credit you have left.. basically you should never have a bill over £35 as long as you dont ring 0845 telephone banking lol

Otherwise good luck and make em squirm to keep you and see what they offer such as freebies lol

Comment

Working...
                      X