• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black Peas and Parkin on Bommy Neet!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2lbs of Black Peas on their way from Bolton to Leeds right now - better watch out for Black Pea Bandits....

W00t!!

Comment

Yuck! That's the first time I've seen some in daylight.

Comment

I am pleased to report the Black Peas have arrived in Yorkshire without any customs charges or any banditry at the border at Todmorden. Last time I lost several Black Puddings and a cache of Carrs Pasties....

One pea fell on the floor on first gander, took ages to find it but it has been safely recovered, don't worry, we do have an ongoing full one hundred percent Black Pea quota situation...

Tonight, we soak our peas, for tomorrow we do battle, steeping them, steeping them, and steeping them again. Steeping to the left of us, steeping to right.....

God I'm so excited I'm getting a chubby-on!

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
          Some hot Vimto to go with your black peas?

Prices a bit dear....

Can get beer at £1.40 a pint here in Yorkieland, it's pants tho, Sam Smiths...

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Savages. Black peas are essential. Served, of course, with so much vinegar that they form a crust on the top.
            ftfy

Hmmm, black peas...

Oi CM, we need some black peas for bommy night! 4 kilo should do!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              It's only 47 miles to home yet here in Yorkieland they don't have Black Peas or Parkin on Bonfire Night and I'm starting to get the hump..

Black peas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkin_(cake)

I've sent orders out to all my family back home but last year was totally let down. Two years without any...
              Considering that "Parkin" is made in Yorkshire all year round, how come none for bommy night?

Comment

Working...
              X