• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loads of jobs no one wants them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Agents could save themselves and us a lot of time by not trying to recruit at stupid rates. Considering the time (and therefore cash) that agents I know have spent trying to fill unfillable gigs recently it'd be cheaper for them to pay the difference in rate ! Any decent agent ought to tell the client when what they are offering isn't sensible.
    The really frustrating thing was I began the negotiation about rate with "they won't pay what I want them to pay". I then ummed and ahhed about whether to bother applying for the role, as it's not exactly what I want to be doing, decided to do it, and then was WAY too expensive for their completely unrealistic budget.

So, in the meantime (and they've been looking for at least 2 years now), they're paying a contractor to act as an interim manager. Worst bit is I was up for that role when it started, but went elsewhere instead!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Sorry, I'm having trouble placing you. Who the **** are you again?
      I'm not you thankfully, now go and fetch a stick or sniff some tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        I'm not you thankfully, now go and fetch a stick or sniff some gold.
        ftfy

Rich! Rich I tell yeah!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X