• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House for 3K

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The only thing that prevents this is a massive ruling class conspiracy against the proles.
    Shush!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nice house

I've got something similar at the bottom of my garden.

Built in 1940 using ecologically sourced bricks and concrete this compact yet functional space has been designed for four occupants. With it's space saving bunk bed arrangement the available space has been maximised to allow for day-to-day activities, as well as sleeping.

Surrounded by earth on three sides it remains a comfortable 20c all-year-round and comes with running water (down the walls) and no electricity.

Any offers?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
        I've got something similar at the bottom of my garden.

Built in 1940 using ecologically sourced bricks and concrete this compact yet functional space has been designed for four occupants. With it's space saving bunk bed arrangement the available space has been maximised to allow for day-to-day activities, as well as sleeping.

Surrounded by earth on three sides it remains a comfortable 20c all-year-round and comes with running water (down the walls) and no electricity.

Any offers?
        You've got a dug in compost heap?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          One of these?

I know a chap from London who'd pay good money for that. 50 grand at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I know a chap from London who'd pay good money for that. 50 grand at least!
            No, more like this ... except I can't find a picture.

It's brick and concrete, not yer crappy tin shed approach.

Comment

No, more like this ... except I can't find a picture.

It's brick and concrete, not yer crappy tin shed approach.
              I remember one of those near where I lived as a kid. It was a bit dark and mouldy smelling though.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

No, nothing like anything shown so far.

This is a top-of-the-range brick built air-raid shelter buried maybe 5 feet into the ground.The Rolls-Royce, if you will, of personal protection from air-delivered explosive devices (for it's time).

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                I remember one of those near where I lived as a kid. It was a bit dark and mouldy smelling though.
                WIS

... and comes with running water (down the walls) and no electricity.

Comment

No, nothing like anything shown so far.

This is a top-of-the-range brick built air-raid shelter buried maybe 5 feet into the ground.The Rolls-Royce, if you will, of personal protection from air-delivered explosive devices (for it's time).

WIS

... and comes with running water (down the walls) and no electricity.
                  There's a few houses in Milton Keynes that were built with nuclear shelters under them. I looked round them before they were sold off.

Comment

Working...
                  X