• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Belgium is on the march again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Perhaps, then again being from Hamilton I had to be street wise to survive, perhaps I tend to frighten the muggers away ...
    What, even in Arheilgen?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Interesting point AJP. I can say the same about London, and I've been in Camden, Holloway, Brixton, Tower Hamlets alone late at night. I have this theory that those who are afraid give off subtle signals that indicate they are potential victims.
      Obviously cool and sophisticated urbanites like us are immune
      Likewise, in all my years in London can't say I had a problem walking/staggering home at any time of morning/night, or doing just about anything else. While here I've had a few instances where I would say the word 'concerned' springs to mind, e.g. having to leave a club because a guy started flashing his knife to a mate of mine in the "there ain't room here for both of us" genre.

Then again the english guy mentioned above keeps telling me how much safer it is here compared to London...???

My original question though, is why the 80,000 people march in Belgium?
      Last edited by Joe Black; 24 April 2006, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        Perhaps, then again being from Hamilton I had to be street wise to survive, perhaps I tend to frighten the muggers away ...

Six foot two
        Eyes of blue
        AJ Pruffocks after you ...
        Hamilton Pansy!

I've worked in Bellshill...

Comment

IMO I found the people in the centre to be friendly, I heard about someone I worked with got mugged in the grand place one morning about 4AM but that's it.

Comment

I have rarely had the slightest problem in so called dangerous areas either. I think looking like you have nothing worth stealing helps.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
              My original question though, is why the 80,000 people march in Belgium?
              They were objecting to a 16 year old being killed for his MP3 player at 4 o'clock in the afternoon at Centraal Station
              We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                They were objecting to a 16 year old being killed for his MP3 player at 4 o'clock in the afternoon at Centraal Station
                Well, I can see how that would really foul up an awful lot of peoples rush hour. Would 6 have been better?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

a) people's
                  b) Arguably, but you're missing the point.
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

b) Arguably, but you're missing the point.
                    OK, was it the RIAA wot did it 'cause of the pirated music and everyone wants the right to fair use?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well, I figured that bit out.

I think you missed my original point Fleety, the comparison between an 80,000 march in Belgium when the above happens and yet when someone gets knifed on a bus in London for asking a guy to stop throwing his chips around the place, the most you'll see is a few bouquets and messages of condolence.

Comment

Working...
                      X